Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Thank you so very much for your kind words!!!

Rescue is pretty much a thankless task but the satisfaction is getting good homes such as yours so we are all hero's!!!:cool2:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 · (Edited)
Thanks....if you don't mind me asking ....what's wrong with your local dobie rescue?

I know a real bad rescue ( they just store dogs and don't look after them) near where I live infact I know a bunch of bad shelters!

As for me I just try to do the best I can at any given moment and sometimes that's simply not good enough and sometimes it seems as if I'm the only one that can help!

I met up with a lady today that does wildlife rescue and we discussed the politics/negative side of rescue and how mean the other dog rescues can be to each other and I think it just comes down to supporting the good rescues and making sure you can enjoy what you are doing.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Kinteet said:
Thanks....if you don't mind me asking ....what's wrong with your local dobie rescue?

I know a real bad rescue ( they just store dogs and don't look after them) near where I live infact I know a bunch of bad shelters!

As for me I just try to do the best I can at any given moment and sometimes that's simply not good enough and sometimes it seems as if I'm the only one that can help!

I met up with a lady today that does wildlife rescue and we discussed the politics/negative side of rescue and how mean the other dog rescues can be to each other and I think it just comes down to supporting the good rescues and making sure you can enjoy what you are doing.
I called them 10 times about Summer the doberman I took in from Friday morning through Monday evening and no return calls. There is a 6 month old doberman at our pound as of yesterday still and still no responce from Doberman rescue! Great way to run a Rescue!!

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Welcome Kinteet, I am from Dallas also. My parents still live there. I just moved to NC about 2 years ago, and I would go back to Texas in a heartbeat if I could. You know what they say...You cant drag a Texan out of Texas. I didnt realize how true that was until I moved away!

Best of luck with your rescue. Glad to have you on the forum.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello, and welcome to this forum!

I also have a rescued female doberman. She came to us with some issues. She has a very dark past and is afraid of electrical cords from being hog tied and hung with them. Everyday I try to work on getting her over that fear. She is such an amazing dog. She has so much love to give and she is so happy to be alive. She just has a huge spirit and she lets her self be known to anyone. She also use to have food aggression issues due to not being fed. She and I have worked through them with other dogs. She is no longer aggressive with food with other dogs around. She can now eat a treat while another dog eats one too.

I just want to say thank you to you for helping dogs in need. And taking your time and energy to save these dogs.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Wow, sounds like you've done a great job!!!!

To me it's all about taking the time out and working with your Dobie or any dog that you bare the guardian of for that matter!!!

Thanks for your kind words, I'm probably gonna be taking in a Red 10 yr old sometime this weekend so if he's safe to bring back home I'll keep ya updated and I'll take some pix & vids!!

Thanks for the kind words!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 · (Edited)
Back in Black I love your B&W photo of your Dobie!!!!! glad to hear from someone else from Dallas.

Frznbuns....I see what you mean...I hear of that pretty often...:sadcry:
I'm still working on getting my rescue established and in a position to do more on a zero budget, it's tough but my wife is pretty supportive of the rescue thing, I'm also working on a forum where Dobie rescues can form a network and help each other out!....I don't know how well that would work though.

Keep looking out for the Dobies!!!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Kinteet said:
Back in Black I love your B&W photo of your Dobie!!!!! glad to hear from someone else from Dallas.

Frznbuns....I see what you mean...I hear of that pretty often...:sadcry:
I'm still working on getting my rescue established and in a position to do more on a zero budget, it's tough but my wife is pretty supportive of the rescue thing, I'm also working on a forum where Dobie rescues can form a network and help each other out!....I don't know how well that would work though.

Keep looking out for the Dobies!!!
I wish you all the best of luck! I wish I could do more!!!

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.