Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! My name is Lauren and my fiance Vinny and I recently adopted a purebred red/rust doberman who we named Grimm. He is 8 weeks now and we are completely enjoying him. I found this site through many different google searches and finally decided to sign up.

I attached a picture of him. It's not the best pic, but he had just come back from his free puppy bath at Petsmart and was a bit excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Patchwork! His name is from a few of our favorite shows/characters.

We bought him actually from Craigslist, which most people would be like , "Oh my gosh, thats horrible its craigslist, its not trustworthy" etc etc. But the lady we got him from was extremely nice and had bred the mom only twice before this last litter. She wasn't planning to breed Fifi anymore, but before she could get her spayed she realized she was pregnant. They had a really nice clean home and the dogs were all so lovely and had great temperment, including Grimm's 1.5 year old brother, Carmine.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Welcome from Kansas City. I love Grimm's name and he's a cutie. Enjoy the dickens out of him while he's so small--they grow up quickly. More photos, too!

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
What a cute boy and cute name ! :) welcome, hope you stick around, there is LOTS to learn here about this wonderful breed. Feel free to ask as many questions as you like and you can use the search tool for previous threads you might find helpful

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Thanks Patchwork! His name is from a few of our favorite shows/characters.

We bought him actually from Craigslist, which most people would be like , "Oh my gosh, thats horrible its craigslist, its not trustworthy" etc etc. But the lady we got him from was extremely nice and had bred the mom only twice before this last litter. She wasn't planning to breed Fifi anymore, but before she could get her spayed she realized she was pregnant. They had a really nice clean home and the dogs were all so lovely and had great temperament, including Grimm's 1.5 year old brother, Carmine.
Welcome from TX! On those BYB ads you need to flag..selling puppies on there is prohibited and against the TOU of craigslist. Hope she does get the mom spayed though. I know you are excited about your pup but please don't confuse the willing purchase of a puppy with a rescue adoption. Many of us are rescue volunteers on the forum and are the ones who have to clean up the mess of these unethical and irresponsible breeders day in and day out. My GSD is from craigslist, but it actually was a rescue situation...not from a BYB.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Welcome from TX! On those BYB ads you need to flag..selling puppies on there is prohibited and against the TOU of craigslist. Hope she does get the mom spayed though. I know you are excited about your pup but please don't confuse the willing purchase of a puppy with a rescue adoption. Many of us are rescue volunteers on the forum and are the ones who have to clean up the mess of these unethical and irresponsible breeders day in and day out. My GSD is from craigslist, but it actually was a rescue situation...not from a BYB.
I think you may have misunderstood what I meant, I worded it wrong. I didn't find him on the main for sale part of the site, they have a "pet" section that they rehome animals on. We basically paid her for his tail docking and 1st set of shots. I wouldn't buy from the main section, I feel the same about byb's. That's why I had to check her place out and everything before we decided.

·
Obi-Wan Kedobi
6 Posts
Hi Lauren

I am a new Doberman owner in Fort Lauderdale, too. We rescued Obi and adopted him from the Humane Society. He's about 3 years old and had a tough life. We are so happy to have him in our home. We're working on getting some weight back on him right now.

Grimm is just too cute and I love the name!

·
Registered
595 Posts
Look at those paws, OMG, if he grows into those he will be a big boy. Congratulations he is a beauty welcome to DT from Washington State.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts