Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I'm Yvonne (aka trikeschick) and new to the forum. Live in Scotland with my OH, kids and 14 month old Dobie - Suki.

She's hyperactive, eats socks but has a heart of gold!

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
Welcome Yvonne, Suki is a very pretty girl, I also have a hyper girl who will be 2 years old next month, she has settled down a bit over the last few months.

Please be careful about the socks, I lost my one year old male (Nash) last month because of socks. He was such a sneak, he would scoop things up and I wouldn't even know it until it was too late. One morning I found a little field mouse in his crate where he had scooped it up on his last trip out to potty the night before. I was very surprised he didn't eat it LOL, I suppose he only sufficated it in his big mouth because it was dead but in one piece.

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Welcome to the forum, trikeschick! :D Very cute pic too! I'm sure you'll find tons of helpful information here, and everyone is very friendly as well.

Please let us know if you have any questions! See you around.

and DaKari, and I'm to hear about Nash. :(

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Welcome! She looks so innocent!!! But we all know looks are deceiving.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you for the lovely welcome.

DaKari - sorry to hear about your loss. It's an absolute nightmare as Suki opens drawers to steal them. She's not allowed in a room herself or is put in her cage if she's left home alone (which isn't very often as she has major separation anxiety).

Dobes4us - yes looks are definitely deceiving with Suki. Very warm and cuddly in the house and with people/dogs in her 'circle of trust' but unfortunately very unpredictable outside, which does nothing for 'awh' appeal. Behaviourist has told us she has fear aggression, which we are investing a great deal of time/understanding with her to manage it.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome to DT. Cute girl you have. Bright one too learning to open drawers. They never surprise me.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the forum, you will find lots of great people here with a boat load of good advice. Your baby Suki is very pretty.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Welcome to DT from Ria and Rudi!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome from Southern Indiana!!

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi and welcome Yvonne, we are from just a little lower lower down the country in Birmingham,sorry to be late with the welcome but we were at the N.E.C.yesterday for Dobie day.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
brumwolf said:
Hi and welcome Yvonne, weare from just a little lower lower down the country in Birmingham,sorry to be late with the welcome but we were at the N.E.C.yesterday for Dobie day.
Cheers for the welcome!

I watched the BBC2 Crufts coverage hoping to see some Dobies but only a few were shown. I work in Swindon/live in Bristol during the week and home to Scotland every other weekend - total bummer that I forgot that Crufts was on or I would have been there yesterday.

Did you take any pix?

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Yep as soon as i resize them i will post,have video too.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts