Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to say hello, I have been enjoying the posts, and wanted to let you know I'm out there! My name is Moira and I live in PA, up near the Poconos. I am interested in obtaining a pup sometime in 2008, I presently have an older Golden with health issues, and do not want to burden him with a new pup. I hope to learn more about this wonderful breed and you guys seem to be a good source! Keep up the good work and I will soak it all in!
Thanks.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome. Hope you enjoy it here.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Welcome from another PA member! I live just south of Harrisburg. The people here are very nice and helpful! Good to see you've got the best interests of your elderly golden in mind. You'll be a great dobie owner too! :)

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
Welcome to dobermantalk from Tennessee.
Sorry about your goldens' health. I sure hate for them to get old. Wish they
could stay young forever. You will find lots of good info here.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and the pack here in the U.K.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What a welcome!

London is 11 and suffers from epilepsy, kept mostly under control with pheno. Is epilepsy a concern in the doberman? Goldens are in that "high incidence" list.

·
Premium Member
8,735 Posts
madam55 said:
London is 11 and suffers from epilepsy, kept mostly under control with pheno. Is epilepsy a concern in the doberman? Goldens are in that "high incidence" list.
Welcome from Schwenksville PA (Montgomery county).

Dobermans have several health issues, but I don't believe that they are at a high risk for epilepsy. It is the 3 c's for Dobes: Cardio, Cancer, CVI (Wobblers)

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Welcome to the site, I am a little south of you in NJ. Heading up to Otter Lake in Marshalls Creek over easter to do some camping so I will be up around your way.

Enjoy

TD

·
Extraordimary
4,954 Posts
Four C's in Dobermans -- CAH (chronic active hepatitis)

No, epilepsy isn't a concern in Dobermans. One of my first Dobermans had seizures but they were the result of a freak head injury that could have happened to any dog.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. this is a great place to start on your quest for a Doberman. there are lots of knowledgable people here to learn from. Welcome again

·
Registered
821 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I also had a Golden who I lost 5 yrs. ago, he was 15yrs. old when we had to put him down as his body was just worn out so to speak but his mind was still sharp as a tack, he was such a gem.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Welcome from Southern Indiana!!

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
Welcome for Ria and Rudi from Cincinnati, Ohio!

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Hello and welcome, hope you enjoy the forum!! :)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts