Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My family and I are planning to add a Doberman to our crew sometime in the future (at least a year or two from now when we're in a financially better place) and I know it's never too early to start research, so here I am!

A little about me...my name is Chrissy. I'm 31 years old and live in the foothills of NC with my hubby, our two skin kids who are 13 and 11, a 6 year old chihuahua named Taco, and an 8 month old long-haired kitty named Dragon, aka Kitty Schmoo. My daughter, the 13 year old, has her heart set on a Doberman and after doing some initial research on the breed I decided that a female would be a pretty good fit for us. I'm excited to get to know the folks here and get feedback and advice along the way :)

·
Super Moderator
21,997 Posts
Welcome! It's great to do your research first. There are so many threads on here about how to find a good breeder and what to expect from your puppy. You might also want to consider a rescue dog. There are lots of great Dobermans looking for good homes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome :D I recognize at least one of you guys from another board I frequent :wavey:

Lillie's Mom ~ I know what you mean. Unfortunately there aren't a lot of folks around here that put too much thought into bringing home a dog or take it as seriously as they should.

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
I wish you and your family alot of fun looking for a doberman..........check the rescue dobermans out first they are in need of a good home. God bless you on your journey!!:)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts