Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

My name's Jean-Paul and am from Mauritius.

Came across the forum some time back and I have always been interested in having a doberman. For some reasons, my parents (I still lived with my parents at that time) would never agree to my owning one (supposed to be dangerous or so they say) but it has somehow been a lifelong dream (my grand father had one and it had to be my first encounter ever, memorable, to this day - I was 2 at that time and am 30 now).

Long story short, my wife (I got married this year!) is a dog lover and she agreed for us to get one in October (although we are to visit the parents during the weekend - finally got to talk to a breeder - and they're scarce in Mauritius, for doberman at least).

So, we're checking around for information about the type of dog this is and all so I believe the forum would be an immense help in helping us find the info.

Looking forward to getting to know some of you :)

JP

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Mauritius, how cool!
It's a place I've heard of maybe once or twice but I've never known anyone from there.

Welcome to DT and good luck on your search! I'm not surprised that good breeders are hard to find there but I'm sure the members here can help you find a good pup :]

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

would LOVE to see some photos of your area!

Please! :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

would LOVE to see some photos of your area!

Please! :)
Thanks, I will send through some pictures next week. My wife's from Seychelles and following my last trip there earlier this year, you might just be interested in pictures from there too :)

·
Registered
775 Posts
Wow, I for sure had to google "Mauritius." That is so cool. I can't imagine you would have too many local options for a Doberman. Best of luck in your search! Welcome!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts