Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

My name is Alex, and I'm proud to say I can call Atticus, a 4.5-year-old male black doberman, my family. Atticus has been with my family since 2007. Although my mom bought him right after I started college, I was around enough that the two of us really bonded over the years. He is the sweetest little boy I could have ever asked to have in my life!

I am looking forward to posting with all of you and talking about those precious dogs we all have in our lives.

I'm finding myself now wanting to reach out to other doberman owners/lovers because, unfortunately, there was an incident last week that was not that serious and was the first of its kind with Atticus where he got free after the front door was accidentally left open. There was an incident where he bit a woman who he thought was coming onto our property.

I know, not the best of introductions, huh?

I'm just worried because she, despite her injuries being nothing more than bruising and one puncture mark, is now filing with my town to have Atticus be deemed a "vicious" dog, and any outcome after that would severely affect his quality of life.

So I guess my intro is also a plea to check out my petition to save my boy.

Petition: The Town of Reading, Massachusetts: Save our dog's life | Change.org

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hello, everyone!

My name is Alex, and I'm proud to say I can call Atticus, a 4.5-year-old male black doberman, my family. Atticus has been with my family since 2007. Although my mom bought him right after I started college, I was around enough that the two of us really bonded over the years. He is the sweetest little boy I could have ever asked to have in my life!

I am looking forward to posting with all of you and talking about those precious dogs we all have in our lives.

I'm finding myself now wanting to reach out to other doberman owners/lovers because, unfortunately, there was an incident last week that was not that serious and was the first of its kind with Atticus where he got free after the front door was accidentally left open. There was an incident where he bit a woman who he thought was coming onto our property.

I know, not the best of introductions, huh?

I'm just worried because she, despite her injuries being nothing more than bruising and one puncture mark, is now filing with my town to have Atticus be deemed a "vicious" dog, and any outcome after that would severely affect his quality of life.

So I guess my intro is also a plea to check out my petition to save my boy.

Petition: The Town of Reading, Massachusetts: Save our dog's life | Change.org
It was an unfortunate incident, not good for the breed. But I do not believe from what is written that it was a vicious attack. The woman would have been seriously injured had the dog viciously attacked. I signed your petition. Good luck. I hope your dog will be safe.

Reactions: Lynx0526

·
Registered
771 Posts
I know here they do not deem a dog "vicious" after one incident. If it reported then the animal must be quarantined for 10 days, and the dog will have a bite history. It take more than one bite for anything to come of it (HERE, idk how it works where you live).

I am going to have to agree about the bite not being serious. But regardless of the injury, a bite is not something to take lightly.

Welcome to the forum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts