Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All! Just wanted to introduce myself as I stalk for the forums for information. My name is Lisa and at the moment I am the proud owner of one rescued Hound Mix. Me and my Fiance are highly considering adding a doberman to our family in the next year and I wanted to do my research and such. Obviously I am located in Chesapeake, VA and I am happily a homeowner with a nice big backyard.

At the moment my hound mix is a year and 6 months old, I adopted her at 3 months old from a local shelter when I had an older lab mix at the time. Sadly my lab mix has since pasted and me and my fiance feel Chloe, the hound, will benefit from having another companion. While I can't say I've ever owned a Doberman, I have dealt with a few from friends and really took to their lovable personality and devotion.

·
Registered
990 Posts
Hello from across the river, and welcome to the dobe world! I go to training (with my dobe) in Virginia Beach, the Pungo area.

Reactions: AleuHound

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks all, I'm really excited to be browsing these forms but please don't be surprised if you don't see a lot of posts from me as I like to absorb information.

I really do wish I could give you some awesome story about me and my hound but sadly we really do live an uneventful life minus her knee surgery at 7 months old but that's another story.

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello from across the river, and welcome to the dobe world! I go to training (with my dobe) in Virginia Beach, the Pungo area.
If you don't mind me asking, where in Pungo do you go to training? I use to spend a lot of time out there.

·
Registered
990 Posts
If you don't mind me asking, where in Pungo do you go to training? I use to spend a lot of time out there.
Dutch East Schutzhund Club on New Bridge Rd. Working Kennels of Casa de Mandingo's Bouviers - Services from Dutch East - Virginia Beach, VA

I drive an hour and 30 min one way to train there. They are wonderful, I would recommend them to anyone, with any breed of dog. The schutzhund club meets Saturday and Sundays but she gives private obedience and tracking lessons during the week for all breeds. Come out and visit anytime! The club members are very nice, very supportive of everyone.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Thanks all, I'm really excited to be browsing these forms but please don't be surprised if you don't see a lot of posts from me as I like to absorb information.

I really do wish I could give you some awesome story about me and my hound but sadly we really do live an uneventful life minus her knee surgery at 7 months old but that's another story.
Would love to see some pics of her! :) Hope shes feeling better from her surgery?

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

they are the best aren't they?

rescues I mean! :)

Hugz to you and yours!

·
Super Moderator
21,730 Posts
Welcome! Cute picture!

·
Registered
771 Posts
Lelise- I didn't know you were that close to where I am. I will have to look into the the place you mentioned. I am considering to Sch with my next Doberman.

And Aleuhound - Where are you located exactly? I live in Newport News but I work in Chesapeake. If you would like to meet and be around some Dobermans I would be more than willing to let you borrow mine lol.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Wandering Hound
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lelise- I didn't know you were that close to where I am. I will have to look into the the place you mentioned. I am considering to Sch with my next Doberman.

And Aleuhound - Where are you located exactly? I live in Newport News but I work in Chesapeake. If you would like to meet and be around some Dobermans I would be more than willing to let you borrow mine lol.

Welcome to the forum!
Akturbo - I live in the Greenbrier section of Chesapeake, like a mile or so away from Greenbrier Mall. I'll keep your offer in mind, it's rather generous of you lol!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Cool! I had no idea either! Like I said, I would recommend them to anyone, with any breed of dog...schutzhund prospect or not. If you are interested in doing tracking or obedience with your current dogs, I would also recommend them. We have a GSD rescue and a Tervuren in the club who only work in tracking in obedience...one even has their BH but neither are schutzhund prospects.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Cool! I had no idea either! Like I said, I would recommend them to anyone, with any breed of dog...schutzhund prospect or not. If you are interested in doing tracking or obedience with your current dogs, I would also recommend them. We have a GSD rescue and a Tervuren in the club who only work in tracking in obedience...one even has their BH but neither are schutzhund prospects.
I would love to go out there with you sometime and see what it is all about. I am still learning about all of it, but I think it would so much fun. I actually would be interested in some tracking or obedience with all of my dogs (tracking, one; obedience; all 3 could use a good polish). I used to board my horses in Pungo before I moved, its so random that a place like that is out there and I had no idea! If you are familiar with the area at all I would bet you'd know EXACTLY where I kept my horses and used to teach and train!

Akturbo - I live in the Greenbrier section of Chesapeake, like a mile or so away from Greenbrier Mall. I'll keep your offer in mind, it's rather generous of you lol!

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!
Well, I am close to you if you ever need any information, or just want to come and see what they're like. I have one that's pretty mellow, and reserved around other people.. and one that is ALL doberman.

Are you looking to adopt or buy a puppy?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts