Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Joined. I live in the Gaylord area of No. Lower MI. I currently own 3 doberkids. My baby girl Gretchen, 9yrs. the end of Sept., Harley girl approx. 9+, my red rescue and Baron, my 2yr. old red rescue. The end of this week, I will have a tripod 6yr. old red gal coming in from N.C. She was found as a stray at about 1yr. of age, lost her leg at abour 4 to bone cancer, was kept in the backyard the last 2 years since baby was born. Family moved and weren't taking her, so she had to go somewhere or be pts. In the past few years, I have done fostering for our local AC, but now at 72yrs. am leaving that to others.

I got my first big red doberboy in 1980. He totally owned my heart, and I have been in love with the breed ever since.

Am looking forward to meeting everyone.

Nancy and the Dober Crew

·
Pack Leader
1,551 Posts
Wow great story, I also rescued my 2 year old girl Takira. I would love to get a puppy but #1 my wife would kill me and #2 I have vowed to only rescue dogs from now on. IMHO someone will always buy the puppy, but the adult Dobermans dont have such a great chance. :(

Now dont get me wrong I hold nothing against anyone that buys a Puppy, that is their personal decision and sometimes it is for the best. Not everyone has the time or patience to rescue a dog.

So I say to you - Thanks! from all Dobe lovers out there.

DA

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gracie's Mom, I actually got my Baron from our local AC shelter. Original name Bear, I extended it to Baron. He was 9mos. old when I got him. The people at the shelter know I love Dobe's so called me the minute he came in. He was an owner turn in. 5 days later, his brother came in, Blk/tan. Our local K9 officer and his wife adopted him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts