Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I adopted two Dobes about a month ago from the Fayette Co. (OH) that were not being taken car of. The male, Rex, is a blue 2-yr old that only weighed 45lbs when found. His "sister" Cupcake, was 11-mos old and only weighed 33lbs. Now he is 65-70lbs and with his frame could easily be 90 + and she is up around 50-55lbs. Another note on Cupcake. She was born without a right rear paw, but it does not slow her down in the least. Going to look into some training for them in the next month or so as well as get them trained on the underground fence our house came with. So far, considering what they have gone through, they have been great with no food aggressions with the two smaller brothers they now have (Min Pin and Schnauzer). Will post some pics in the next few days of them.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Hi, welcome to DT.

Bless you for rescuing, and yes, we would love to see pics of them.

One thing--are these your first Dobermans? The reason I ask is, underground fences typically and historically don't work well with such active, prey-driven breeds as Dobes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not my first Dobes, but first with the PetSafe underground fence (house already had it installed when we moved in). We have about 1/4 acre for them to run which they definitely need and there aren't any dog parks around us to take them to. Cupcake has gotten loose twice and is quite fast for only having three legs. Rex stays pretty close when on leash in the yard and I don't think he would take off but afraid to find out. First night when we got them home about 10 deer went running by and he just watched them and made no attempt to go after them. The deer think he is one of them given his color and size. It's funny to watch them stare at him like they aren't sure why he is standing next to me and not running off with them. LOL

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT from Texas! Please post pictures when you get a chance (I know you already said you would). We LOVE pictures here.

·
Super Moderator
21,910 Posts
Welcome!

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome from Missouri and bless you for stepping up and giving these guys a chance at a loving home. You are the best.

We are all pulling for you and your new guys!!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Hugz to all your furkids and bless you guys for choosing to Adopt and not Shop!

·
Registered
21 Posts
How wonderful. Would love to see pics. :)

·
denormalized
5,824 Posts
Thank you so much for rescuing this pair of poorly treated dobes. They look like they really enjoy the bed. Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Bless you for rescuing these babies! They must be in hog heaven now that they're sleeping in a warm bed with full tummies. I know they will bring as much happiness to you as you have to them.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
welcome and thanks for rescuing !!!!!!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Ditto on all the thanks for rescuing these two. You know they are going to be YOUR forever friend.

Who had them in the shot where Cupcake is sitting next to the red water container? Was that the rescue?

I just cringe when I see such wonderful dogs who have been starved and abused. I would so like to find the previous owners. Thank you again for their rescue.

KC/Linda

1 - 16 of 16 Posts