Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Hi Everyone :)

519 views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  dax0402 
#1 ·
Hello DT. I am a proud new owner of a Red/Rust female dobe. She is 9 months old and a massive ball of energy and sloobbery kisses..lol. I am so happy that I found this forum. I am always doing research on training techniques and problem solving so I am hoping that some of you will be able to help us through any issues we may or maynot come across. I have had the pleasure of owning and raising Australian Shepherds for the last 6 years but have always longed for a Doberman. I recently found one in need of a new home, through no fault of her own.. new baby.. and I couldnt pass her up. I registered her and named her HT BeJazzled aka Jazz. Ive had her now about 3 wks. She is coming along nicely for the most part. She is an extreme chewer and unfortunately I had to invest in a muzzle. She gets several hours outside everyday for play time with my aussie and we also do short intervals of obedience throughout the day. I have decided to train in german so we are both learning. I used the clicker method with my aussie, Cam, and it worked wonderful..however the treat for Jazz is too much of a distraction.. so ive gone to just play rewards and it seems to be working alot better. Her attention span is about 3 sec. lol. she was not used to be out playing this much as her previous owners kept her in a crate the majority of the time. I think she is really enjoying her new living arrangements in our home and Im sure she will become everything that I wanted in a Dobe. If you have any suggestions or advice id love to hear it. Thanks for reading and we will talk again soon Heather & Jazz

See less See more
Discussion starter · #6 ·
thanks for all the welcomes.. I look forward to reading stories and getting tips and advice from all of you. now im gonna try to figure out how to upload some pics of my girl so you guys can enjoy her too. how or where do i find the tickers? is that the same as the signature? thanks

Discussion starter · #7 ·
ok so i figured out how to upload some pictures.. they are in my gallery if anyone wants to take a look.. but i have yet to figure out how to get a picture under my posts. i entered a quote and that is showing up but the pic i uploaded isnt showing any suggestions?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.