Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow.
I am so excited to have found this great forum.
This has been the most informative and helpful group I have ever met.

I am humbled at so many experts here. I have always wanted a dobe of my own. I had shared my life with a medium and a large mutts previously and currently sharing my life I have a little terrior mix right now. I plan on getting a dobe in the next year or two and that's why I'm doing the extensive text research and on-line.

Currently, I am a physical medicine rehab resident in training and one day I plan to ask my dogs to be therapy dogs at my work.

I do have a question. Having read about some breeders refering to the "Doberman Digest". I am wondering if that is something that will be helpful for me, as a first time doberman owner? What sort of articles are in the digest? Is it a magazine that is geared towards dobe lovers in general or more for the professional breeders?

Once again. Hello all.
Larry

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Hi Larry.

You're right about the Dobie experts here. I've asked a lot of questions, and I haven't stumped them yet.

I've found good info on the DPCA (Doberman Pinscher Club of America) site. There's a link here somewhere. They hooked me up with an excelent breeder who made getting a Dobie (our family's fourth) very easy.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Welcome to the forum from me and my Princess. Sorry I have actually not heard of the "Doberman Digest" so can't help you there, but I am sure sooner or later someone will have an answer to that, as I will be waiting too.

Naveen

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum! Yes there are a lot of very informative Doberman people here. I have 4 dobermans and got my first one back in 1973But there are so many people here with so much knowledge! I have not heard of that magazine. But I am sure that several of our forum members will have information for you. Welcome again!

·
Extraordimary
5,056 Posts
Doberman Digest
8848 Beverly Hills
Lakeland Florida
33809-1604
Phone (602) 569-5220
http://www.dmcg.com/pubs/dobermandigest/dd_index.html
E-mail [email protected] for subscription rates.

Doberman Digest is published 6 times a year. It's mostly advertising - breeder advertisements of show wins. Eye candy. There are good articles too. Some may be of no interest to the average pet owner but some would be.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
welcome!
I am owned by a 2 year, female, black and tan, Duchess. She is my life and my best friend! When you get a Doberman you will find that you are going to want him/her by your side all the time. they are really such great dogs! please keep us updated and make posts about your search for a puppy and any questions you have on the way. :):):)

·
Premium Member
8,915 Posts
MaryAndDobes said:
Doberman Digest
8848 Beverly Hills
Lakeland Florida
33809-1604
Phone (602) 569-5220
http://www.dmcg.com/pubs/dobermandigest/dd_index.html
E-mail [email protected] for subscription rates.

Doberman Digest is published 6 times a year. It's mostly advertising - breeder advertisements of show wins. Eye candy. There are good articles too. Some may be of no interest to the average pet owner but some would be.
Yeah, I agree. Dobe Digest is wonderful for looking at what is out there showing, some of the articles...etc.... Probably not that interesting if you are not involved in showing or breeding. I do look forward to each issue like it is Christmas....but that is just me - LOL!

I do believe that you can order back issues which might be a really good idea to help you find breeders and just get to know what a really well bred Doberman looks like. A one year subscription of 6 issues is $60....not sure how much a back issue might cost. The October issue is a double issue that is geared towards the Doberman National - it would be a good issue to get. December is a pretty good issue too.

Good luck to you - did you mention where you live?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for all the warm welcome.

I live in Santa Clara. (Silicon Valley) California. Where can I find out about dog shows or Dobe obedience trials near me? I am interested in visiting them and hopefully talk to some breeders, in addition to all this helpful information here at the forum.

Larry

·
Registered
3,942 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello and Welcome to this great forum Larry. I really hope you enjoy it here.

I have a 2 year old female. She is the nicest dog in the word on some days. Other days she is just crabby and wants to be left alone. Which is maybe once every six months or so. She loves people animals and life in general. She always wants to be by my side or hubby's. She hates when we go outside without her and will cry at the door until she is allowed out.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts