Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Name is Roxy, I am a Black/Tan 21 months old. I was born in Arizona and now like in Southern California. I am a very sweet girl, but extremely protective. Oh and by the way I love to chase the cats around the house. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Hello and welcome. It must be a doberman thing to chase the cats. Gracie loves to only chase one cat. Not the other because she has had her face scratched to many times. You can see Gracie in my sig below. Well the bottom half atleast. :)

·
Registered
8,069 Posts
Welcome Roxy and enjoy the forum.:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
..Thanks for the welcome people..Roxy too has a favorite cat to chase. Its funny cause she will leave the cat alone unless the cat looks at her and starts running then she gives chase. Its just a game for both of them I guess.....For those of you that live in Southern California, I have not been here very long and I try to go Hiking often I would like to take Roxy with me, Is there any good places where there is water for her to wade through. If she was human she would be a champion swimmer, she is something else in the water!!..Thanks and Im glad I joined..

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Are you anywhere near the San Bernardino Mountains? Santa Ana River, east of Angelus Oaks has water all year. Easy access, park right next to the river.

Holcombe Creek, north of Big Bear has water too. You will have to drive a few miles of dirt roads to get there, but they're good roads. A passenger car can make it.

In the San Gorgonio Wilderness try John's Meadow. Park on the road by Jenk's Lake. It's about a two or three mile hike, one way. You'll need to stop at the Ranger Station just up Hwy 38 from Mentone to get a free permit. It's also a good place to get a map or two.

Also just off Jenk's Lake Road is South Fork trailhead. Two miles of hiking takes you to Poop-Out Hill, great views of Mt San Gorgonio. Water starts about 100 yards up the trail from Poop-Out Hill and goes for another couple miles.

Mill Creek, from east of Mentone on Hwy 38 to Forest Falls has plenty of spots for a soak or a hike. If the weather's hot, drive all the way through Forest Falls to the end of the road. It's cooler the higher you go.

If the weather's cool or cold, try Mountain Home Creek. Park at Loch Leven, across the street from the Church, and walk up what used to be old Hwy 38. You'll cross water three or four times. Good place to ride mountain bikes too.

Then there's Dog Beach. San Diego has one, and I've heard Long Beach does too. But the one I go to is in Huntington Beach. About 1 mile north of HB Pier you'll be at the intersection of PCH and Golden West Ave. This is the southern limit of Dog Beach. You won't see any signs from the road saying anything about a Dog Beach, but it runs north from Golden West for about a mile. Dogs are allowed to run loose on the sand and in the ocean.

Hope this helps.

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
Hi Roxy and welcome to dobetalk from me and my girls here in the U.K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all..Thats some really great info on places to go Chaz. I am in Los Angeles County. I think I will try the Huntington Beach one first. The others too sound great, Thanks a lot..

·
Registered
1,752 Posts

·
Banned
6,743 Posts
Welcome Roxy! Judging by Chaz's pictures, he for sure knows all the good spots to take your dog! Glad you found DT, and we will be looking for some hiking pictures soon :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts