Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is what my puppy decides to do to me today.

First trip to the vet was because he was having diarrhea (gross i know) and I wanted to get him checked out. Everything came back fine but they gave us some medicine to help get him back on track now here comes the fun story...

I drop Diesel back at home with his Dad and I call Scott (dad) to tell him about the medicine all the sudden I hear this horrific and I mean horrific cry coming from my sweet boy. Scott disappeared off the phone for 5 minutes and I'm speeding trying to get back home and what do you know my monster of a dog managed to get the top of his mouth stuck in his crate and he wasn't even in it! He was chewing a bone close to it. He ended up breaking one of his front teeth (not the long ones) He's bleeding and of course we're back in the car going to the vet who is laughing at him when we walk back in since we had literally been gone for maybe 10 minutes. She removed the rest of the tooth and said he'll be fine. Clearly he was just trying to speed up the teething process. She did tell us some of his other teeth our wiggly too so the teething has begun!

Now everyone probably knows I posted awhile ago about Diesel hating his crate, well it's official. The crate is coming down and we will be using a baby gate. This is the second time he's done that and I'm terrified that the 3rd time he'll hurt himself worse if we're not there to help him.

Oh Diesel, you're lucky I love you :) You definitely keep my life entertaining.

Here's a picture of the monster pup afterwards. Just staring at me like he should have a treat for that adventure.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
They love to keep us on our toes, don't they :) Glad he is ok. That screaming sound is AWFUL.

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They love to keep us on our toes, don't they :) Glad he is ok. That screaming sound is AWFUL.
They definitely do. He's a full time job that's for sure :lol2:

I will be happy if I never hear that sound again. I was in such a panic trying to get back to him and being on the other side of the phone made it so much worse. I thought someone was killing him honestly haha dramatic I know.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Diesel is diffently smarter than the average boo-boo-bear...lol.
- and makes Mom take down his crate...I knew he would figure out how to get his own way soon
- got to love him for trying & succeeding, no holding him back...he has just started
(just like Amy pup, she got one of the exterior locks off the crate door...and a paw caught in the wire mesh)

·
Registered
939 Posts
Awww D! I'm glad he's okay! Doberkisses from Callie :) I'm sure he's happy to be crate-free now lol (obviously his motive the whole time.. hehe)

We had a vet run today too to get ear stitches out. When they brought her back, she looked right at the vet and pooped on the floor :roflmao:

I love our dobie kids!

·
Alpha SheepDog
1,366 Posts
Hahaha to be "dobie-owned"
Wait till he is majorly teething and crying while chewing on a bone.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Diesel is diffently smarter than the average boo-boo-bear...lol.
- and makes Mom take down his crate...I knew he would figure out how to get his own way soon
- got to love him for trying & succeeding, no holding him back...he has just started
(just like Amy pup, she got one of the exterior locks off the crate door...and a paw caught in the wire mesh)
Haha he definitely is smart he knew just what to do to get rid of that darn crate.

Diesel and Amy seem to have a lot in common. I wish you didn't live really far away so I could meet that sweet girl of yours.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Awww D! I'm glad he's okay! Doberkisses from Callie :) I'm sure he's happy to be crate-free now lol (obviously his motive the whole time.. hehe)

We had a vet run today too to get ear stitches out. When they brought her back, she looked right at the vet and pooped on the floor :roflmao:

I love our dobie kids!
He is so happy. He was wagging his little nub the whole time and I just looked at him and said not funny.

Callie is adorable haha she was making sure the vet knew she didn't like her stitches or that was payback for the cone of shame haha.

·
Registered
939 Posts
He is so happy. He was wagging his little nub the whole time and I just looked at him and said not funny.

Callie is adorable haha she was making sure the vet knew she didn't like her stitches or that was payback for the cone of shame haha.
Hes like "but momma I loveeeeee youuuuu!"

I told her there were more lady-like ways of showing that she was upset.. :D

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hes like "but momma I loveeeeee youuuuu!"

I told her there were more lady-like ways of showing that she was upset.. :D
That's pretty much the look I was getting all night from him. He enjoyed himself apparently haha

But being lady-like is not as much fun :lol2:

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
Haha he definitely is smart he knew just what to do to get rid of that darn crate.

Diesel and Amy seem to have a lot in common. I wish you didn't live really far away so I could meet that sweet girl of yours.
My thoughts exactly...Amy could have a playmate and I could do a little puppy training on Diesel, for fun.
The young dober period I can't get enough of, they grow up so fast.
And if we lived close by, you would have a preapproved babysitter (Amy & her Dad) in a heartbeat.
- if you had to go someplace, all dressed up...He-He

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My thoughts exactly...Amy could have a playmate and I could do a little puppy training on Diesel, for fun.
The young dober period I can't get enough of, they grow up so fast.
And if we lived close by, you would have a preapproved babysitter (Amy & her Dad) in a heartbeat.
- if you had to go someplace, all dressed up...He-He
We'll just move. This would be a perfect setup!

·
Registered
939 Posts
Aw sign me up for moving closer too.. I'd take Amy-lessons in a heart beat! Shes such a sweet girl.

·
Registered
12,009 Posts
We'll just move. This would be a perfect setup!
Aw sign me up for moving closer too.. I'd take Amy-lessons in a heart beat! Shes such a sweet girl.
I would be in "pig heaven" (+50 year old, farm boy term...lol) around the DT puppy stars here:
- training these dobers / things in life, wouldn't get much sweeter
Just not fair, the people & their dogs (the ones one likes), are just NOT around the block/down-the-road, but States away.
- and I could have been, their adopted UncleDaDa

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I would be in "pig heaven" (+50 year old, farm boy term...lol) around the DT puppy stars here:
- training these dobers / things in life, wouldn't get much sweeter
Just not fair, the people & their dogs (the ones one likes), are just NOT around the block/down-the-road, but States away.
- and I could have been, their adopted UncleDaDa
I know. It stinks being so far away. Especially from your Amy. I swear Diesel is secretly related to her somehow haha.

Sweet Callie pup I wish lived closer together so her and Diesel could hang out together and be little monsters together.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts