Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Y’all! I’ve been snooping around on the forum for a bit. I thought it was about time to officially say hi. I'm a first time Doberman owner. I've had dogs before, always been a GSD person. There aren't many dobes in my area and the majority of my dog friends have GSD's. This site has really been a great tool for me. I’m from the great state of Alabama, where football is a religion and no matter what type of soft drink you want it’s always referred to as Coke. I’m not a football person, so I’m an oddity here. Come to think of it, I’m probably an oddity for many other reasons as well but I’m sure y’all will see that in time :)

I have a 6 month old black female. Her name is Kiska. She’s a total goof ball and is one of the most entertaining pets I’ve ever owned. I have 8 horses, 4 cats, and Kiska. I train horses and teach riding lessons for a living. I’m obsessed with pictures and have really enjoyed the picture threads. Once I figure out the best way to load them, I’ll probably bombard y’all with pictures. I’m a pretty random person and love learning interesting tidbits about people. For my first DT post, I'll tell y'all few random things about me. Feel free to share too!

1) I have an irrational fear of alpacas. ( No offense to alpaca lovers.)
2) I love church signs. I’m constantly on the lookout for funny ones. Signs with unfortunate misspellings are my favorite.
3) When I was young, my older sister convinced me if you spun around, reversed and spun around the same amount in the opposite direction, you could un-dizzy yourself. I must have been a gullible, stupid child. I tried it. I fell into the Christmas tree and broke some branches.
4) I'm a really picky eater. People feel the need to make me try something, because there are convinced I'll love it. I now pretened to be allergic to any food I don't eat. Stops the awkward argueing.

Ok. I'm stopping before y'all decided I'm a crazy and take away my membership. Goodnight DTers!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Welcome! Yay, someone else who is scared of alpacas/llamas! (and yes, I decided for you that you are scared of llamas too) lol

·
Registered
225 Posts
welcome from MN. Post some pics of your kiska!!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
4) I'm a really picky eater. People feel the need to make me try something, because there are convinced I'll love it. I now pretened to be allergic to any food I don't eat. Stops the awkward argueing.
Hah! This is me!

Welcome from Texas!
I can't wait to see pictures of your girl (AND THE OTHER ANIMALS, HINT HINT)

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I'm going to read the threads about loading pictures tonight. Hopefully it won't be too hard and I'll have some pictures for y'all to see.

Gemma Mom- I'm so glad I'm not the only person that's afraid of alpacas/ llamas. And yes, llamas are on my list too. From time to time, I horse sit for a lady that has alpacas. They are in the same pasture as the horses. The alpacas sneak up behind me and I usually end up screaming and running. Shifty eyed alpacas.

Patchwork Robot- The allergic thing works wonders doesn't it. FYI- Don't pretend to be allergic to rice. No one buys that and you wil get busted for lying. Kiska has the same toy as your dog in the picture under your name. Hers is blue. I have a picture that is very similar. She loves to flip it over her nose. At times, I swear she looks like the seals that balance toys on their nose. Oh, and I love your signature picture!

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Welcome to the forum! I'd say that so far you are definitely not any crazier than many of us (note I included myself). Be sure to get yourself a free account on photobucket.com or one of the other free photo sites and then just use the links to post photos here. Otherwise the storage system on the forum will drive your crazy! Looking forward to seeing all your animals.

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
Hi,

Welcome from Kansas City.

Don't Alpacas spit or is that a wive's tale? I wouldn't care for an animal chasing me and spitting on me either.

KC/Linda

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Alpacas

Yes, they do spit. Thankfully and mercifully they have never spit on me. I go out of my way not to corner them or piss them off.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts