Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so i got an email about this forum so i signed up. I am SOOOOO extremely happy. I had always been talking about starting a Doberman forum since there wansnt one out there. Id like to thank the creator for giving us a place to meet and share stories/info.
Anyway, here is a little about me and my boy King.

My boys name is King. He is a 14 month old Black/tan male. He weighs in at 83.7 pounds and is very leans and muscular. I havent measured him yet, but i will get around to that. He is amazing with people he knows, especially his best friend, my nephew. When i got him i misstook his standoffish attitude as confidence. Right now i am trying to get his confidence level up using click training. He is a reactive dog, and barks and tries to nip people who come at him agressively. However, once he gets to know that person, you wont be able to get him off of them. he just want to be patted, scratched, kissed, played with. Right now he is suffering from an EXTREME allergy. We have an appointment for ANOTHER vet visit at the end of the month for blood tests. hopefully this will solve his problem and he can be a happy boy again. I will post pics later, but for now you can click on the link to my photopage in my profile.

Ok, My name is Tom. Im a 22 y/o male living in Surrey, BC, Canada. I love king more than i love myself. i will be lost without him. he comes everywhere with me and i dont want it any other way.

Sorry for the long post.

TomAndKing

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Tom,
What a handsome fella you've got there! We're going to the vet tomorrow for puppy shots and to check out what I'm thinking is allergies too. Seems like the vast majority of all dogs on this island (Okinawa) have itchy bumpy skin. I'm really hoping that it's something simple unlike what we went through with our Pit who was just basically allergic to the island; her skin didn't clear up until she was 4 years old and we moved back to the states

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well so far i have gone through about 20 different foods to try and find the source of his allergy, but nothing has helped. Right now King is on a Vet prescribed food by Eukanuba. Its the "Response FP" which is a Fish and Potato formula. It all started with a small patch around his right eye and just spread. Now he is hairless on both ears, from under his chin down to his chest. His hair on his back is thinning, along with the hair on all of his legs. The Vet and I have ruled out mites or any kind of parasite for that matter, then we ruled out food allergies, now we are testing for environmental. We do(me and my mom) have 2 cats as well, so if they are the cause, i guess ill have to move out. Ill miss my babies, but it was the plan all along that they would stay with her if i were to move out.

Your dogs are gogeous too guys. the pics brought a smile to my face. You can just see the love in their faces. I still cant believe there is a forum. Im so happy.

Thanks for the compliments.

TomAndKing

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
What a beautiful dog King is! My boy Spirit is 4yrs, 27 1/2" and 104lbs. He is such a big baby! I love Doberman and would not have anyother breed now.
Dobermans Rule!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts