Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey yall! My name is Yoshina and I'm from Texas. I dont have a doberman yet, but its a work in progress but I do have a 13 year old black lab and 2 horses. I had a beautiful red male when I was growing up and Im looking for a new pup currently. Im not having the best luck finding a puppy but I dont mind taking time to find the right pup for me and my family. Im looking forward to learning more from everyone!

·
sufferin succotash
9,168 Posts
Welcome to DT.

The link in my signature line is a good checklist when searching for breeders. Also, the breeder referral list from the DPCA is a good start: DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral

A great article from the DPCA: Doberman Pinscher Club of America: Living With a Dobe

Typically, a pup from champion/sport titled parents, with all health testing (including cardio) ranges from $1500-$2500. Again this is an average cost for a pet doberman. Ear cropping should be handled by the breeder as well.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!!!

Good luck with your research and search for just the right pup/dog!

If you get the chance, please check out a few rescue Doberman in your area too!

·
joie de vivre
11,274 Posts
Welcome from Missouri.

In addition to checking with the DPCA, I would also check with your local DPCA chapter. They'll know who's in your area and likely can offer personal references.

DPCA - Houston

Reactions: sam&macksmom
1 - 9 of 9 Posts