Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

He's here!! Welcome our new baby boy!!

29K views 295 replies 37 participants last post by  ECIN 
#1 ·
We got back from our amazing 12 day cruise last night and our little baby boy arrived bright and early today as his breeder was going to a show out our way.

He is now 9 weeks old and has been cropped. He is sweet as can be and quite serious for a puppy. It is his first day with us so maybe that will change but if not that is ok because Coco was always quite a serious gal.

Without further adieu please welcome Kin's Sweet Revenge call name Sugar!!

It's hard work being this sweet!! He grunts and groans when he is tired. It is so cute. It may not be so cute tonight when he won't sleep lol!!

See less See more
#8 ·
We survived the first night. Started going to bed at 10pm. He fell asleep for 20 minutes and then howled, cried and screamed until midnight. Sugar certainly has some stamina! He fell asleep again in his crate. He fussed a bit at 2am when the cat woke him up but went back to sleep. Up at 5am for a pee and back in his crate until 730.

He ate his breakfast and did his business and is now playing with his toys.

Sugar met Tiki who doesn't seem to mind him too much right now unless he follows her under the table. When he does that she growls at him and he runs away. I told him all he needs to remember is that the old lady cat is the boss of the house :grin2:

#20 · (Edited)

Coco- Love your new Doberpup, Sugar!
:laugh:

^^How true, LD!
Couple the new home shock along with a E-Collar and any dog would give you a that serious puppy face!

Our little puppy Spock had same look on his face first few days he was home until he played with our daughter's puppy and chased our old Maine **** cat around backyard.* Let the games begin... :grin2:

*Ref previous post in "Throwback Thursday" thread:
https://www.dobermantalk.com/doberm...py-pics-throwback-thursday-3.html#post4053191

#22 ·
We survived night 2. Not as much noise as the first night at bedtime so some improvement. It is a lot of change for the little boy so he is doing well.

A lot of change for us too lol after having a senior dog! I forgot how much puppies pee and sleep!

Sugar is such a cuddler which is right up my alley. Apparently this time it is up my hubby's too :wink2:

His stitches come out later this week and then I will have to learn how to post his ears. Luckily the breeder doesn't live too far away so he can help me which I am grateful for.

Sugar is exclusively eating raw as he was weaned into this. I am so happy about this!

I'm enjoying this little boy but have had some melancholy when I see him playing with Coco's toys and laying on her beds. I bought him some of his own toys and he has been gifted some by friends and family. Sugar is loved by so many already and he is definitely living up to his sweet name!!

#24 ·
Coco was raw fed for 9 years of her life. I tried kibble the first year and it didn't agree with her at all. I always said if/when I got another puppy I was feeding raw from the start. I lucked out that the breeder also feeds raw and weaned the pups into it so he is a great eater already. For now hes on ground Turkey with bone, offal and tripe. I've got lots of goodies in the freezer to introduce him to in the future that is left over from Coco.

#26 ·
I personally have never been worried nor has anyone gotten sick from feeding raw at my house. I'm the actual feeder so I've got it down to a science. I liken it to the same safe handling of raw meat that you would be cooking for yourself.

Coco and Sugar both cleaned up their bowls well while eating. I wash bowls regularly but not obsessively. I don't want a big sloppy kiss right after someone has eaten :x

No one is allowed to play with their food or carry it around the house. The bowls are kept on a mat in the kitchen and washed regularly.

I only use human grade raw. At my store people buy some of the meats and organs to cook for themselves. I have a freezer in my garage that I store the raw food in but also keep some of our own food in there too. I have a drawer in the fridge that is for the dog food as I thaw my raw and don't feed completely frozen. Coco didn't like completely frozen food and I don't want Sugar eating it either because hes a baby and I want to make sure he's a good chewer and doesn't gulp and swallow his food. I am supervising his eating for now because he's a baby. With Coco I was in the kitchen with her but knew she was an excellent chewer so didn't need to be on top of her.

It seems daunting and gross when you don't feed raw or when you start but it's really as easy as kibble once you have the hang of it.

#31 ·
Congrats, Jen!!!
He is such a cutie, I could kiss that face ALL day long, and what a perfect name you picked!
I can't wait to see more pix of him growing up - and they do that so fast!
Exciting, tiring, and fun times coming to your home!
I'm so happy for you!!! :grin2:

#32 ·
Thanks so much!! I have been kissing that face a lot and he likes to climb into my lap to cuddle. That won't last too long. He had a wellness check today and he's already 16 lbs!! Good thing Coco was a big gal so I am used to a biggie.

His name started as a joke by my husband but it kept sticking and well he is super sweet so Sugar he is :wink2:

He is helping us heal our heart after losing the old lovey because she left a big hole.

I hope you and your lovies are doing well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.