Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

241 - 260 of 291 Posts

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #241
Hi guys. It's Sugar. Long time no talk. I've been busy working from home with mama. We are still on zoom meetings all the time. Midday we take our break and go to the pond. The one we did our medicine picking at. We see the heron most days and sometimes the beavers. Lots of geese and ducks. I love the pond because there is so much to smell there and so many things to pee on!

Last month there was a woman attacked in our town and she is still in the hospital. Her attacker has been caught but she is still not ok. Mama talked to me about this. That poor lady was out walking and she didn't have a dobe with her. I stare at people when mama and I walk. Mama says I'm a scary starer lol. I don't bark at them but I like them to see me looking at them. Mama tells me I'm a good boy and I try my best to make mama happy.

Last week we were at the pond and a man walked right out of the bushes in front of us. He didn't jump out and he seemed surprised to see us but he shouldn't have come out where he did. Mama said wtf and I stood in front of mama and stared at that man. He was nervous and said hello but didn't seem to know where he was going. He wandered around a bit and finally mama asked him what he was doing there and suggested he move along. I of course was there with mama making sure this man left. He ended up running out of the pond lol. Mama has been going to the pond for 12 years and it was hers and Coco's spot. We can't have any funny business going on down there!

Our heron

how to search if an image is online

I love our new patio but I won't lay on a bed if mama brings one out lol.

how to search if an image is online

Mama here. This boy is still naughty but an absolute lovebug. Makes it hard to stay upset with him! His brain has grown a tiny bit more and this guy has my back. I love that he loves the pond as much as I love it and as much as Coco loved it there. It really is our pond.

·
Premium Member
9,951 Posts
This boy is still naughty

Coco - You may find this hard to believe - But he's really not naughty - He's -- well --- Just a guy ! It comes natural for us - ask your husband - LOL Some morning when we get up and are already in trouble - I tell Mr. B . It just happens - just waking up can cause it ! LOL

So good to here from you Sugar ! Good job taken care of your mom like that - proud of you !

Thanks for your post

Ken

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #243
You're right Uncle Doc. I am comparing him to my old good girl who was definitely not "naughty " at this age lol. But I keep forgetting that males are very different than females of all species! Even our vet reminded me of that.

Sugar is the sweetest silly boy I know. I tell him and everyone he is the sweetest boy in town.

My friend made me giggle about that in relation to the weirdo at the pond. She said we all know he is the sweetest boy in town but fortunately the weirdos do not know that!! Very true statement.

Doc how is that sweet baby of yours and her handsome big brother?

·
Registered
842 Posts
Mama here. This boy is still naughty but an absolute lovebug. Makes it hard to stay upset with him! His brain has grown a tiny bit more and this guy has my back. I love that he loves the pond as much as I love it and as much as Coco loved it there. It really is our pond.
I love that he loves you as much as he does. You are his goddess, his universe, his entire BEING, and he will protect you with his life. You have nothing to fear with your boy beside you. What a lucky girl you are!

Give that brave boy an extra big hug from me! :x

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #246
I love that he loves you as much as he does. You are his goddess, his universe, his entire BEING, and he will protect you with his life. You have nothing to fear with your boy beside you. What a lucky girl you are!

Give that brave boy an extra big hug from me! :x
Hi Lannie! Long time no talk. I am a very lucky mama to have a boy that is so brave and loves me so much. I worried about that when I lost Coco who always had my back but I should have realized these babies love their people so much.

He will get a very big hug and kiss from aunt Lannie. Hope you are doing well.

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #249
Hi auntie Lannie! I'm having a lazy Saturday morning. I've sat in mama's lap for cuddles which I love doing and now I'm sleeping on my favourite spot on the couch looking like the angel I am >:).

I think I'm still a small baby but I have to keep my feet on the ground and my body in mama's lap.

json validator online

json validator online

I am an angel aren't I auntie? I know I'm mama's sweet boy so that's the same right?

json validator online

Mama here...I've been cleaning out closets for the last 3 weekends and going to the dump with small loads. I love purging and apparently going to the dump lol. Now is my time when the angel is sleepy because when he is wide awake he tries to "help" me. When i put an old towel in the garbage bag he takes it out and runs around the house wanting me to play chase! He's still a sweet silly boy :2smile:

·
Registered
842 Posts
Awww, Mama, he is the angelest of the angels. :) Thanks for the pictures.

And Sugie, you keep your mama on her toes. Towel stealing is a valuable skill! If you can keep her from getting it away from you for 5 minutes, you get extra points! GOOD BOY! :grin2:

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #251
Good morning auntie. That is good advice I will take. I really am an angel except sometimes my brain malfunctions. That's what mama tells me. It's chilly this morning so mama and I are having our morning chair cuddle and I'm helping warm her up.

Have a great day!

·
Premium Member
9,951 Posts
Good to hear from you Sugar ! I agree with your aunt Lannie , Your cousin Mr. B was a master at selling towels ! So keep up the great work ! One thing Sugar - when you do give her , her towel bac - run back in and sell another ! Your Mom will be SO proud of you , She will look at you and say Where did you find that one at ??? Don't let her fool you and give it right back to her - she likes o play also - So right when she starts to grab it , shake your head a few times with it and turn and run ! She will be happy that you want her to play to ! >:)>:)

Have you been to the pond lately ?

Well I better talk to your mom , so have a great Labor day .

Well Mom - you sure have a great boy there ! Your so lucky to have a good helper like Sugar !

You also have a great labor day !

Doc

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #253
Doc I am very lucky for the great helper I have. He has definitely been perfecting Mr. B's advice on how to play the steal game. Sugar loves to give the head shakes when he has something he's not supposed to. I do love when they do that though.

We go to the pond everyday for 3 seasons a year. We can't really go in the winter because the snow and ice make it too hard to walk down into the pond. I've been doing this for 12 years and found the pond with Coco. It's only a 5 minute walk from our house but it's so serene and calm. Not many people go down there which is fine with me.

The first time I took Sugar there it was so cute to see this look of amazement on his face like "wow where are we". So much to look at, smell and pee on! Don't forget that we live in the suburbs in a subdivision so this beautiful natural wonderland is truly a blessing to people like me who need to ground themselves in nature and escape the "grind" even for a short time!

When we let Coco go besides being distraught with grief, I said to my husband that I had to get another dog to go to the pond with. He doesn't walk with me. I am the dog walker so I had to get another lovey to enjoy the pond with.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
25,864 Posts
Doc I am very lucky for the great helper I have. He has definitely been perfecting Mr. B's advice on how to play the steal game. Sugar loves to give the head shakes when he has something he's not supposed to. I do love when they do that though.
Ah, memories…Capri coming in the room, carrying a tennis shoe by the laces, doing the proud puppy dance and swinging it around. I always praised her for finding something so interesting—early on, I played the trade game and she got the hang of it pretty quickly. So getting something away from her was easy, once she had indulged in a shake or two (things like socks, towels or shoes, you understand—nasty stinky carrion or other disgusting things remained a problem.)

·
Living la Vida Loca!
2,577 Posts
Discussion Starter #255
Hi guys. It's Sugar. Long time no talk. Like everyone else the virus seems to be getting worse. I still work at home with mama but she's been going into the office on Mondays. I hate those days because mama leaves me home alone until dad gets home at 2. Mama says we have to spend some time apart but I disagree.

We had really nice weather until this week. Now it's getting colder. But we still go to the pond. We had a second bloom of Coco's wildflowers there so we picked them and brought them home for weeks. We also picked more wild lavender and dried it.

I love to watch the birds now there but they always swim or fly away from me when I go to look at them closer. Mama laughs and gave me the name He Who Moves the Birds. I'm happy to report that there have been no more weirdos at the pond since mama and I moved that man along. Mama told me we have a responsibility to take care of the pond so I take that seriously.

One day mama was sad at the pond and was really missing Coco. I kissed her to make her feel better and we found lots of treasures there that day. We brought them home and made a nice arrangement for Coco on our table. I'm such a good boy and don't touch any of it.

Now the teatowel is not off limits or if I see something I really like on the counter... I'm working on that. But I leave Coco's table alone.

Look at me during zoom meetings 😜

I'm sleepy now and cuddling with mama. Sweet dreams everyone.

Mama here. I'm using the new way to share pics so I hope it works! Being home everyday with this sweet boy has been a blessing but it makes him very dependent on me always being home so I have to go out to work once a week.

Sleep well my sweet boy. 💜

·
Registered
842 Posts
Oh, Sugie-boy, you are so handsome! I love your sweet face, especially when you're laughing up at your Mama! Your brain must be getting bigger, finally, huh? (What say you, Mama?) Must be at least a little bigger than a walnut by now! Remember when it was only as big as a chickpea? LOL! We all love you so much, and thank you for checking in once in a while. I have been missing you, huggybaby!

·
Premium Member
7,828 Posts
Hey Sugar!
Really glad to hear from you.
Glad your Moms heart has mended some and that you continue to keep her busy with your activities.
Sugar we all love to get goofy during Mom and Dads Zoom meetings, so keep up the good work.
Poke out!

·
Premium Member
14,014 Posts
We got back from our amazing 12 day cruise last night and our little baby boy arrived bright and early today as his breeder was going to a show out our way.

He is now 9 weeks old and has been cropped. He is sweet as can be and quite serious for a puppy. It is his first day with us so maybe that will change but if not that is ok because Coco was always quite a serious gal.

Without further adieu please welcome Kin's Sweet Revenge call name Sugar!!

It's hard work being this sweet!! He grunts and groans when he is tired. It is so cute. It may not be so cute tonight when he won't sleep lol!!
Look at his paws! Clubbers!

Congrats!

Evie has some puppy competition!

That pup will be out of control in no time.

Have fun!

:unsure:

·
Premium Member
9,951 Posts
LOL ! It's my little buddy Sugar ! I was shelling corn last week Sugar and thought about you ! You had not give us any up-dates for a long time , Glad to see your taking good care of Mama ! And givin her sugars when Mama is sad - I said you would be a great boy and you sure turned into one !

Uncle Ken

241 - 260 of 291 Posts