Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
4,176 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Oh wow, I'm sorry. A FULL health guarentee AND a pedigree? You are right. You have a great breeder.
Is sarcasm absolutely needed? CoAls-Mom you are obviously very knowledgable of this breed and have a wealth of information to share; however, more often than not you come off very harsh. Have you ever heard that you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar? Or, if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all... Do you honestly think that people will "listen" to you if you constantly chastise those who don't know as much as you or don't agree with you?
Apollo's mom came in looking for support and advice not criticism or sarcasm. Lighten up a little, will ya?

· Registered
4,176 Posts
greenkouki said:
i'm sure your pup will have sharper look now, and it's good that you had it cropped.
I swear I'm not trying to argue this point... But does "it's good that you had it cropped" imply that it's bad to not have her/him cropped? And "who" exactly is it good for? I'm not asking because I'm "against" cropping neccessarily but I don't think it's bad not to. What purpose - other than aesthetic - would it serve for me to crop my pups ears?

· Registered
4,176 Posts
IloveMyDobie31 said:
wow...I wasn't saying that to make it seem like she's the perfect breeder, and I apologize if it sounded differently than it was intended (internet isn't very good at communicating tone of voice). I definitely didn't mean to start a huge debate. I was just told that those are good things to get from the breeder, and I remembered she had given me those after I did the previous post so i just wanted to add that she did provide those things. TracyJo is right...I was just looking for a little support since i'm new to the breed. When I joined this website, I was hoping it could be a place where I could feel comfortable asking questions without feeling like a complete idiot. But, I guess perhaps this isn't the right place for me...It's a good thing the internet is full of forums and helpful people. I thank everyone who gave positive comments.
Don't judge us all on a few. For the most part this is a pretty cool place to learn and discuss and even joke around. Stick around and you'll see :) Hope you're baby is doing well and recovers quickly. I know you're missing him a great deal. I'll be a basket case when Chi goes in for her spay next month and has to stay over night!

· Registered
4,176 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
My sarcasm stems from defensiveness and uneducablility (if that is a word) of others.
I've heard of the 2 phrases you mentioned but don't believe in them. My first post in this thread was not harsh, was not sarcastic and yet the OP gets defensive. I offer advise when I can and I also offer education when I can. If you don't like my delivery, please feel free to ignore.
I don't think I can ignore it though when you are just being nasty to those who are innocent. I doubt that "uneducability" is an actual word and it is my belief that nobody is beyond education. If you feel as though you can't educate people maybe you need to step back and look at how you deliver your information. In addition, the OP didn't get defensive until you retorted with a nasty, sarcastic comment. A little bit of diplomacy goes a long way.... How about the saying "sarcasm is a tool of the weak", have you heard that one?

· Registered
4,176 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
Actually I should have used "INeducability". I never said I didn't feel like I could educate people. There are some people however that don't want to learn. and I'm not saying that is the case with the OP. If you honestly believe that there are people out there that aren't beyond education, then all I have to say is you haven't been on the boards long enough!
And no I haven't heard of your latest quote and don't believe it either! Like I said, I wasn't sarcastic in my first post on this thread. What actually came out as sarcastic was just giving up trying to explain. Nobody like to hear that their breeder isn't topnotch and come back with, but this and but that and I get tired of it.
Then maybe for your own peace of mind take a step back and a break from the boards that frustrate you... I haven't seen in this particular thread or with this particular person where you have tried to explain or educate. Not sure how you can rationalize giving up on one person because others have been difficult.

· Registered
4,176 Posts
I'm sorry that you're going through this with your baby... I had a bad crop experience with my pit a million years ago and is ultimately why I decided not to crop Chi. In fact I have to be honest I doubt I would ever crop another dog again... If that means that when I am finally settled in the states and ready to cut my teeth in the dog show world that I have to stick with obedience because I have an un-cropped Dobe, Staff, Boxer, whatever, then so be it.... In my opinion the pain (both the dogs physical and my emotional) just isn't worth it, but that's just my opinion and I put my first baby through the ringer before I came to it... You and your pup are in my thoughts and prayers... I hope you can find a vet/breeder that knows what's going on and can help you :)

· Registered
4,176 Posts
whiteandblue said:
im not a lost cause i dont listen to ingrates LOL... i listen to people with wisdom and knowledge not just smart eleck remarks and assumptions... and no knowledge let alone wisdome... or even common sense...
I'm not sure what you're so defensive about whiteandblue. There were no smart "eleck" comments directed toward you. Elle simply explained her opinion and view - I might add that her opinions and views in this particular case are shared by many to include myself. She was not nasty and she did not attack. What about this, specifically, has you so upset?

Never mind, wrong thread :)

OK but it slightly pertains to this thread as well. You weren't attacked and I'm still unsure why you're so defensive...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.