Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
6,590 Posts
I apologize for however you have been made to feel ilovemydobe31, the whole point was you didn't come on here to feel like you are getting chastised for your breeders decisions, and that seemed to be what was directed your way intentionally or not. You are here for support and we are here to give it to you! Please stick around and here and hear the some of us out. Remember for every different person out there, there is a different opinion to follow.

Sometimes people have good points or just wish to express their view, and the way they come across is VERY questionable.

Hope your baby is doing great!!! Can't wait to see pics of the new ears when they are ready!!

· Registered
6,590 Posts
IloveMyDobie31 said:
There's no need for you to apologize. You aren't responsible for other people's actions. I'm sure people mean well...but you're right, I'm not sure how the focus shifted to the breeder. The fact is, people do have different opinions, and different ways of expressing them. I should also probably learn to take criticism better.

Either way, thanks for the apology.

To respond like that you are obviously a very good person and we are very happy to have you here!!!!

· Registered
6,590 Posts
CoAl-s-Mom said:
My sarcasm stems from defensiveness and uneducablility (if that is a word) of others.
I've heard of the 2 phrases you mentioned but don't believe in them. My first post in this thread was not harsh, was not sarcastic and yet the OP gets defensive. I offer advise when I can and I also offer education when I can. If you don't like my delivery, please feel free to ignore.

She didn't get defensive, she just responded. Then you got sarcastic. I have to agree with Tracy, if you don't like where something is going, or you're "tired" of hearing this and that about something, and you don't feel you can respond without the sarcasm, just don't. We don't want this board to be like that, there have been a few people run off by that approach that were good people and just want to be with other dobe lovers and not to be jumped on for making a simple remark.

There have been many posts on here that I could have gotten nasty in about things I didn't agree with, but what's the point. I'd rather suck it up, and try to make my point when things cool down, rather than make someone feel bad.

BTW- thanks MaryandDobes for the info you posted for the threadstarter :)

· Registered
6,590 Posts
doberkim said:
i think some people are reading incorrectly -
by saying that a responsible breeder crops their puppies - it does NOT say that ALL breeders who crop their puppies are therefore responsible.

for another example:

dobermans like to lay on the couch. are all dogs that like to lay on the couch therefore dobermans? of course not.

assuming that finding a responsible breeder is as easy as using "they crop or do not crop" criteria is oversimplying.

whiteandblue, i hope you understand that.

Very correct Kim...

· Registered
6,590 Posts
whiteandblue said:
im not a lost cause i dont listen to ingrates LOL... i listen to people with wisdom and knowledge not just smart eleck remarks and assumptions... and no knowledge let alone wisdome... or even common sense...

All smart comments aside, the knowledge, wisdom, and common sense are here to be had, you just aren't picking up on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.