Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Administrator
16,039 Posts
I'm curious though, don't most breeders crop all pups unless they are definite "companion" (err pet) quality animals? Good luck once again and it seems your breeder is helpin out alot, hope everything turns out well.

· Administrator
16,039 Posts
I always seem to start an argument somehow on whatever forum i go on :( I agree with you however coalsmom, because breeders do not breed to produce puppies, they breed to further define the breed and the pups that can not be used in the program are soley byproducts. When a breeder knows pups in the litter have a chance of advancing the breed, including showing, getting ch. points, and breeding, one should always consider cropping the dogs for show, and although it is not impossible, it is hard for an uncropped dog to win against cropped dogs. i'm sure your pup will have sharper look now, and it's good that you had it cropped.

· Administrator
16,039 Posts
your not an idiot at all, you gave another being a good home, and applaud that greatly. nothing wrong with being new to anything, im new, i dont even have a dobie. the only way you would be a terrible person is if you bought him from a puppy mill
cropping provokes an alert conscience, but yes it's mainly aesthetic, there is nothing wrong with an uncropped dog... Its even illegal to do it in the UK if i'm not mistaken

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.