Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't had a chance to post here much lately, it's been a busy few weeks. I lost my beloved grandmother just after Thanksgiving so a lot of family time has been going on.

But I do have great news about Troop...he's growing! He turned 6 months this week and he weighed in at 45 pounds yesterday so we're making progress. It's hard to believe that a month ago he was barely 30 pounds and so sick. :-(

I need to get some new pics on here of him. He is a handsome boy. He is almost done his meds for the parasite and wrapped up the kidney infection meds about 2 weeks ago. We've also switched him to Taste of the Wild from Eukanuba Large Breed Puppy this week which I am super excited about. (Who knew that puppy food could get me excited talking about it !?!) Lots of good things going on for him. And he graduates from puppy class next week. He is a star pupil and I could just go on and on praising my little boy!

He is still not completely housebroken - the illness just made it difficult for consistency and he does still occasionally lapse. But we just keep moving forward, and realize that he is a pup and these things will happen. He is doing really, really well in the crate too and we just couldn't be happier.

A huge thank you to everyone for your help when I needed the support. Troop is a happy, healthy boy because I kept pushing for answers because YOU kept bringing up what I should be pushing for, and expecting from our vet. :) The new vet is wonderful.

Big snuggles to all of you from Troop and his mommy!

·
Super Cute Holly
227 Posts
wow happy birthday troop! I didnt know youwere sick! But Im so glad your better! There is nothing worse when your fur kid is sick! :( and sorry to hear about your grand mother.. Ps Congrats on being a star pup in puppy school! Well done!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts