Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
749 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hero and I went to a fun match at old Bethpage this last Sunday. I had entered him into Novice with the thought that I would just use this experience as a training class on grass instead of the sidewalk (when I walk him, I tell him "Free" when near the grass so he can relieve himself) or the indoor mats. I know he and I, both, are not quite ready for competition, especially when in class when I want to pull the floor over me on a bad night because I am so embarrased when he acts like I never taught him a specific command.

I told the judge that I really didn't intend to treat this as a test, but as a learning experience for the both of us. In class we don't always use the signs and I must say I do not have them all memorized. Well, I had to correct Hero twice--not bad at all! Then, when we finished, the judge said we did pretty well. We only lost 12 points--not the 50 I had expected. It turns out that I made the rest of the mistakes. Oh well--it was an exhilirating experience and my partner was surprised at what I could make Hero do. I was so proud of my boy. If only he would behave so well in class.:rolleyesww:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts