Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 203 Posts

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is time for the 2011 Holiday Card exchange list to begin!

Rules:

1. People of all denominations and beliefs can participate in the DT Holiday card exchange. Save the drama for your llama.
2. The card list will be dispersed to everyone who submits his, hers or their family’s address. It will not be given to anyone who does not share his or her address or contact information.
3. The Holiday Card Exchange is not intended for inappropriate use of any kind. Please respect everyone’s privacy and use the information provided only for the card exchange.

Please email me your addresses to: [email protected]
Do NOT PM me your addresses! I am trying to keep some order here :)

Please submit your information to the above email address in this format:

Legal Name:
DT Name:
Names of pets:
Street or Mailing Address:
City:
State:
Zip:
Your e-mail address: (For my benefit only, so that I may share the completed list with you)

The Deadline to submit your address is December 1st. I will email the complete list to everyone on December 2nd. No late sign ups, you've got 3 weeks people! :)

Thank you for your cooperation and I hope to see a lot of people sign up!

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
So you just send a holiday card to your buddy? What can be included and what shouldn't be included (pics, etc.)? I can't afford the gift exchange nor do I have a Doberman anymore :(, but I would definitely like to partake in this!

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
There will be a list of everyone who signed up that you send cards out to. Generally people just send basic cards or photo cards of their dogs or them with the dogs. I like photo cards because they're cute and more personal. Search holiday cards on the forum and see some photos from the past card exchange.

So far we have 5 people signed up!

·
Registered
6,775 Posts
is this open to Canadian members as well
Yes, just be aware it is over $1.00 to mail cards to the US so it adds up quickly lol. It cost me as much to ship cards last year as it did to ship a parcel the year before. I have cards for this very occassion just not sure if i can afford stamps this year lol. I have 3 weeks to decide though- Its so much fun getting all kinds of cards. It wont be the same without Michael327 though, perhaps we can post this on the FB page so banned members can join in?

·
Banned
7,471 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry, wasnt complaining... didnt mean to come off that way! I was just surprised how quickly it added up and wanted other people to be aware. Like i said- i enjoed doing it last year- it brought a little joy to a ****ty Christmas.
No stress :) I wanted to continue Michael's holiday card legacy. I have been a part of forum holiday card exchanges before but have never been in charge of one and I absolutely welcome any and all suggestions. I know buying the cards and mailing a lot out adds up really quick. The ones I have done in the past have been everyone mailing out cards to everyone, but if there is a different, more economical way where no one gets left out just let me know!

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
No stress :) I wanted to continue Michael's holiday card legacy. I have been a part of forum holiday card exchanges before but have never been in charge of one and I absolutely welcome any and all suggestions. I know buying the cards and mailing a lot out adds up really quick. The ones I have done in the past have been everyone mailing out cards to everyone, but if there is a different, more economical way where no one gets left out just let me know!
You could do, if there are more than 10 people signed up everybody gets a list of only 5 people to send cards to, that could cut the price down a bit I bet. Annnnyways, sending my email now :D

·
Dobes stole my heart <3
3,418 Posts
A couple weeks ago, I would have signed up for this without thinking about it. Now, I have serious doubts.

Reactions: Sherryh
1 - 20 of 203 Posts