Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
She better rest up for her playdate today! Diesel is sleeping too except he doesn't have a chihuahua telling him how its going to be haha. So cute.

·
Puppies pushover
205 Posts
Looking at them both you can sure see the resemblance :) such cute puppies

Reactions: kwhite30

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Looking at them both you can sure see the resemblance :) such cute puppies
You should see them together. You can definitely tell they have the same dad except diesel has a darker tan then Hera does and Hera is also younger but they have a blast together.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,495 Posts
OK, Miss Criminal Genius Hera, tell me some stories about your crimes! LOL

Just so I don't feel quite so alone with my two felons :)

Love the pictures.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I named her Criminal Genius Hera because I read that Dobermans are extremely intelligent and the author of the article used the phrase "they can be likened to a criminal genius" It also warned not to fall for their tricks like crying, howling and to always stay several steps ahead of their thinking. She has already shown us that she is very bright.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,495 Posts
I named her Criminal Genius Hera because I read that Dobermans are extremely intelligent and the author of the article used the phrase "they can be likened to a criminal genius" It also warned not to fall for their tricks like crying, howling and to always stay several steps ahead of their thinking. She has already shown us that she is very bright.
Just wait til she plays the ultimate trick.

MUCH of the time her crying, whining, etc will be obviously manipulative.

But every once in a while, she will ACTUALLY NEED you to help her--to disentangle her from something, or to reach her food dish that has slid somewhere unreachable, or to let her out because she needs to go potty desperately.......the problem is you will NEVER know which is which.....and you will feel terribly guilty when you guess wrong and fail to help her in her distress.

Sneaky they are!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, I've had dogs all my life, I'm 46 and in all those years I can say that I've never had a dog in distress? Not sure what you mean by that. Common sense dictates the care I give them and I take that pretty seriously. My Dobi/Husky mix passed away last year, she lived to be 14 and prior to her my Cairn who also lived 14 years. They both had a very pampered life. Hera has two brothers, my second Cairn, Gus and a Yorki-Chihuahua, named Chubby. This is not my first rodeo, I'm on my 7th. I think I got it down.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts