Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok all i need some help, Sasha is a blue dobie and she has some skin issues that i thought were under control......

Until last night. I bath her and condition her regularly with a good oatmeal shampoo and conditioner but she has now proceeded to scratch her left shoulder blade RAW!

Is there anythign out there that is like a spray on moisturizer?

Any advise would be appreciated:help_up_2

·
Registered
421 Posts
there are vitamins and supplements that can help their skin but I lost the link. I'll see if I cna find one again.
this may be it http://www.seattle-attorney.com/storm/sup.html
How often do you bathe her? My boy dries out if I bathe to often and even though he needs it now I am hesitant to do it because it has been so dry lately.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I wouldn't bathe her anymore than necessary. I bathe my Dobe only when he smells "doggie." It's probably not more than 4 -5 times a year. I brush a lot with a soft bristle brush, which stimulates the skin, the capilaries and just gets the oils going I think. Let the body put out it's own natural oils. Have you tried fish oil capsules as a suppliment? You can get them in your grocery store. Sometimes though, that can cause gas, but you can try it. Also, sometimes if it's due to allergies, a single source protein food often helps. Dick Van Patten makes a food, Natural Balance Venison and brown rice. It's for allergies and sensative stomachs. Also his duck and potato formula. I think there are others too...California Natural. (?) But you might look into that. Does your vet have any ideas? Is there a cortisone type cream he could give you? I'd talk it over with your vet. Let us know how the poor girl does. That's no fun.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well as far as diet goes i have her on Nutro Ultra with a teaspoon of olive oil once a week(vet reccommended)

Please keep in mind i have a Boxer and Pit also

She has also been on Missing link with her food(reccommended dose)

I cant give her anything that causes gas, seriously she is SOOOOOOO gassy as it is.
Boxers are known for some serious gas and she has gassed Niko out of the room a few times(makes me gag)

As far as bathes, i give her one maybe once a month now because when i just let her be she was miserable. Bathes are the only way to get her to STOP scratching. After a bath she will be find for about 3 weeks before she starts itching and scratching and flaking again. If I don't give her a bath at that time she will go sit in the bath tub(note: the ONLY time she will be good for a bath)

That's why I am at a loss right now, has anyone ever heard of Nova Pearls Spray Moisturizer? Afriend recommended it she just got a blue boy dobie and said it worked wonders.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
Coconut oil is great too, I've used it on rescues with bad yucky skin, just add a little to thier foot, it promotes hair growth, just do a search on the net!

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Krys said:
well as far as diet goes i have her on Nutro Ultra with a teaspoon of olive oil once a week(vet reccommended)

Please keep in mind i have a Boxer and Pit also

She has also been on Missing link with her food(reccommended dose)

I cant give her anything that causes gas, seriously she is SOOOOOOO gassy as it is.
Boxers are known for some serious gas and she has gassed Niko out of the room a few times(makes me gag)

As far as bathes, i give her one maybe once a month now because when i just let her be she was miserable. Bathes are the only way to get her to STOP scratching. After a bath she will be find for about 3 weeks before she starts itching and scratching and flaking again. If I don't give her a bath at that time she will go sit in the bath tub(note: the ONLY time she will be good for a bath)

That's why I am at a loss right now, has anyone ever heard of Nova Pearls Spray Moisturizer? Afriend recommended it she just got a blue boy dobie and said it worked wonders.
Ok first off,, I use the Nova Pearls Spray Moisturizer and I love it...I get it from UPCO in my home town... Next for the gas... this is a EASY FIX .. put your dogs on Charcoal tabs and it will cut the gas.. Believe me I know about Gas with 4 dogs.. and the charcoal tabs Works!! Next as for Nurta Choice dog food, I feed my dogs that dog food for 4 years and loved it.. but now with a blue.. I am now feed Chicken Soup dog food and it has been great.. also I have my babies on the Vitamins that are on the website that was posted and again it worked wonders... Iris came to us full of whipworms, a lot of hair loss.. bumps all over her and 20lbs under weight..Just 3 short months later and she looked great! Now 5 months later and she doesn't even look like the same dog that we brought home.. Try the nova pearls.. try the vitamins and I am sure it will help.. Good luck and If you have any trouble getting the nova pearls let me know and I will get the catalog for UPCO for you...

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
I use charcoal treats, those work wonders on Gracie. As soon as I start hearing to many farts coming for her, I have her go through all of her commands then she gets a few treats. :) Also I crush one up and put it in her food as well. She loves that.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the info everyone.

Gotta try the charcoal tabs

1 - 9 of 9 Posts