Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! Here in Canada it can get quite chilly, and Dobie's short little coats need a jacket of some kind, and little booties, which I'm sure isn't too hard because you can start getting them used to that as a pup right? But what I am really curious about, is that I heard Dobie's ears can freeze/ get frostbite, especially if they are cropped. How do other people deal with this? I don't think there are Dobe-earmuffs!

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You can buy something called a "Snood" which is basically a fleece wrap that goes around their neck and ears. You don't really need boots, but they definitely do help keep their feet warm for longer exercise/running time in the winter. I didn't have boots for the Dobes until this year (and they're almost 3 and 4 years old), but I'm glad I bought them some. They didn't like them at first, but they get used to them. And once they're running around they totally forget about them.

Coats I feel are a must for a Doberman living somewhere that is really cold during the winter. I even bought one for my Toller this year, because even she gets cold when it is 30 or 40 below. I bought my dogs' coats from Chilly Dogs - Outdoor gear for Active Dogs - Dog Coats, but there are lots of other companies around as well. I really like how Chilly Dogs fit, though. And the Great White North keeps them plenty warm in the cold weather as they're running and playing. :)

Reactions: Brandy&Melanie

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A Snood? Hahaha that is adorable! Yep we have cold winters here so I want to make sure she is nice and toasty!! Thanks so much!

·
Registered
92 Posts
I knit a snood for Duchess. She wears it as a turtleneck with her coat and when it's really cold I just pull it up to cover her ears (not her favorite thing).

·
Super Moderator
21,743 Posts
Snoods are very, very easy to make if you have a sewing machine. I think Pam at Cozy Coats and More sells them, too.

Here are the snoods I made for Shanoa and Simon:

Reactions: Amelia_

·
BYB Hunter
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Snoods are very, very easy to make if you have a sewing machine. I think Pam at Cozy Coats and More sells them, too.

Here are the snoods I made for Shanoa and Simon:

I actually laughed out loud when I saw this!! IT IS SOO CUTE!! Ahaha I love it!! Thank you so much!! They look so comfy!! :D

Reactions: MeadowCat
1 - 8 of 8 Posts