Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I'm trying to get a little more weight on Rupert for a show and I'll really struggling, if I try to feed him more food he won't eat it and adding pasta and beef to his food isn't really making a difference.

I made some satin balls yesterday and give him 3 throughout the day (I figured he's be fine since he has beef in his dinner anyway, but I normally cool it off instead of giving it raw) and he's had a bad tummy today. Do you think I have too many too quickly, I didn't think satin balls normally give dogs too much trouble?

The balls are about meatball kind of size, maybe a little bigger. Should is try one a day and build up? How many is ideal once he's used to them?

:thanx:

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
I think it depends on the dog as far as if they get tummy trouble or how much they need. I've always fed my dogs a variety of food from the day I get them and the few times I've used Satin Balls I've never had issues.

Reactions: Amelia_

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Adara. He doesnt normally suffer a sensitive tummy, maybe he's eaten something dodgy and its a coincidence...Either way I think i'll wait until his tummy is settled then add them in slowly again.

·
Doberdonut
516 Posts
If satin balls make his tummy too rumbly (I have a dog it does the same to)

I harp lyrical about the stuff, but try using Smack! as a topper if you can find it. I have the same problem with my boy and had the same problem with both my Sheppie and Rottie, so use about a tablespoon to mix with whatever else I'm putting in the food. He polishes his bowl when I use it. When he's ribby, I add a half cup to a cup to his food as additional calories. It puts weight on in no time.

Otherwise try sardines mixed in, or the water from a tuna can.

I've also heard great things about K9 Superfuel for putting weight on picky dogs.

Reactions: Amelia_
1 - 5 of 5 Posts