Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Helllp!! Is there anyone near Boone/Hickory NC. That can help with posting....I just adopted a 5 1/2 m old and he has pockets & one flap is starting to flop (base seems firm though) I live in the mountains and nobody seems to know about ear cropping :-( I drove 5 hours to get him ,so taking him to the vet the cropping was done at would be too far. I'm brand new to all this so any help is so SO appreciated :thanx:

·
Always Grateful
6,952 Posts
Were they posting his ears at the rescue? If not and they have been down a long time it may be too late to get them to stand. There are some great tutorials on the forum with good photos for posting ears and dealing with pockets.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh darn! when I got him, his ears were standing and they hadn't been posted lately (that I know of) still had pocketing- but now just the one is flopping, his crop was done in May

·
Super Moderator
15,413 Posts
Which rescue did you adopt him from? Perhaps someone with the organization can help if they had anything to do with arranging the ear cropping. There are a few members on DT who are in Western NC that may chime in, otherwise, you might try to contact Dr. Bill Martin (who is an expert ear cropper in Asheville). Also check out the tutorial here on DT
http://www.dobermantalk.com/ear-cro...ting-directions-photo-tutorial-my-method.html

1 - 5 of 5 Posts