Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new rescue in that is blind in one eye. It looks to me as though he was struck at some point, but I'm only guessing.

This guy is currently sporting a collar and lead, because that's the only way I can catch him safely. He gets himself backed into a corner (I mean he will actually back himself into a corner and sit there), without any motivation from me or another entity, and will sit there and snap and growl at whatever he seems to feel is around. I feel badly for him, and am determined to do my best to work him through this. I make certain NO ONE bothers him (as in my other fosters or furkids), and that when I sit with him, I make no moves unless he offers his chin to be scratched.

I sat on the deck with him the other night, and gave him treats as he'd come up when I called him. I sat quite still, talked to him and was as non-threatening as possible. I'm liable to get bitten before this is all over, but I can't let him down and turn my back as surely as did his previous owner.

Any suggestions, comments and/or questions are quite welcome!

m2toomd

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
It's sad because (I'm assuming this is Isaiah) he didn't choose to be the way he is...... he feels cornered and threatened even though all you've done is helped him.... All I can think is just some really confident building OB exercises to help him in the long run. You've seen a lot more dogs than me and I'm sure you already know that much though...... Much luck to your doberboy, be safe to you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts