Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone!

I am fairly new to the forum and this is my first post. I have been monitoring many of the threads regarding finding a reputable breeder for months now. I am having a really hard time finding a reputable breeder in the New England area. I did check the DPCA and the AKC site but did not have much luck with responses from DPCA. I was able to speak with a couple of breeders but either the timing was not right or they are not planning any litters for the foreseeable future. Some breeders I have found through other searches just send up a red flag to me or just seem ‘not right’ or there was negative feedback from some of the threads on here.

My husband and I are looking to add a Doberman puppy to our family . We have looked into multiple breeds to see which one would fit our lifestyle and we determined a Doberman to be the best fit. We are experienced dog owners and understand how important the fit is. We currently have 2 indoor cats and a 13 year old female Corgi mix. We wouldn’t necessarily need a show quality pup since we are looking for a dog that will provide companionship (looking for a dog to walk, hike and attend obedience classes with). A dog that will be protective (since my husband is on the road a lot) and most importantly good health, temperament and longevity.

I am hoping that I can get some opinions and advice from you all and any recommendations on reputable breeders would be VERY appreciated since I feel like I have reached an impasse. This is such a big decision and I really want to do my homework and make the best informed decision I can.

Thank you in advance for your help!! I love having this resource and know that once I do get my pup, I will have a community to help me raise him/her.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have had really great conversations . Unfortunately the breeder that I really wanted is not planning any litters for some time (she limits breeding and just had a litter but all are spoken for). She did refer me to another breeder but she is too far, Midwest. While I am willing to travel, I would like to be able to do it within a day. I will check out Pilgrim! Thanks for the lead. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts