Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

We finally welcomed our dobe addition to our family after quite a search! Hobson came home last week and has been wonderful ever since! One little hiccup though, he came to us as a little sweet cuphead and the cup came off last night and posting has been...tricky...Our sweet boy loves to shake the posts out as soon as they are in! I tried to post for hours last night per the posting instructions the breeder gave us and the ones I have pulled up on DT, and at all stages of Hobson sleepiness to no avail which leads me to ask:

Does anyone know of someone in Minnesota in the Minneapolis area or suburbs of Minneapolis (We will drive a ways if need be! Little Hobbs is a good car rider!) that would be able to help us post his ears? He's got a long show crop that will be lovely once its done but we could use a little help :)

Thank you so much! Here is our little guy!

·
Registered
2,107 Posts
I'm in saint cloud and always happy to help if you want to come up here! We have some other members who may be closer to you though, but I'd love to play with that gorgeous puppy! ;)

Let me know if you're interested and don't find anyone closer!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Sure, I'm happy to help! I live in Richfield and will be around tomorrow and Monday. PM me and let me know what time/day works for you. I also have left over posting supplies from my pup (he's 18 months now...but still call him my puppy) :)

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Sure, I'm happy to help! I live in Richfield and will be around tomorrow and Monday. PM me and let me know what time/day works for you. I also have left over posting supplies from my pup (he's 18 months now...but still call him my puppy) :)
OP, you should definitely meet up with newtodobes, Neo's ears are beautiful and she's super nice! If you can't get together with her for some reason I'd be happy to help you, too, though I've only posted Shanoa's ears.

Reactions: TheMacDobes

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you, thank you, thank you so much everyone! My husband and I took him out to a place in Hastings a few days this week and she posted them for the first time and just this evening one popped out! Uh oh back to square one! We tried to post them ourselves tonight per her instructions but they popped out pretty much immediately...apparently posting hasn't yet become my forte :) ... newtodobes I will definitely PM you and see if we could maybe work something out if you would still be up for it! It would be super helpful to have someone a little closer on our ear posting side as well! We are in the South Minneapolis/Edina area so really close by!

Again, thank you all so much we can't tell you how much we appreciate it! :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Slight progress?

meh...he already popped out the bottom of the right one a little bit as you can kind of see...and another roll of tape bites the dust....

Any tips on preventing the bottom of the backer rod from popping out? Probably just more practice on my part :)

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
That's way more tape than you should need. Hopefully you and newtodobes can get together.

Were you out at Rio Gran?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello- I live in Rochester, MN and I am also having a very difficult getting my dobies ears to stand and was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me how to post them correctly. I am willing to drive... :) Thanks Laura

·
Super Moderator
21,878 Posts
Hello- I live in Rochester, MN and I am also having a very difficult getting my dobies ears to stand and was wondering if anyone would be willing to show me how to post them correctly. I am willing to drive... :) Thanks Laura
You may want to PM newtodobes, if you are willing to drive. She's on the south end of the metro area. I'd be happy to help, but I'm way up in the northwest suburbs. I could also put the word out with the other folks in Doberman Rescue to see if there's anyone in your area that might be familiar with ear posting. You could also try contacting Rio Gran - I think they are in Hastings.

How old is your dog? What issues are you having? If you want to post some pictures people might be able to give you some feedback.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts