Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am looking for a cooling coat for Quinn. I'd love some input from anyone who has used the.
I love Ruff Wear, so of course they are my first thought.
Ruffwear Swamp Cooler? Dog Cooling Vest

These are a bit cheaper.
HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Dog Coat-Closeout : Backcountry K-9

I'm not sure these come in a big enough size.
HyperKewl Evaporative Cooling Dog Coat-Closeout : Backcountry K-9

I think a few people on here have thee
Clean Run: Cool Coats

These look really light weight
http://www.aahpaws.com/Cool_Coats_s/27.htm

There are also several people who make chamois coats.
I want to take him bicycling with me so I am looking for something that will be comfortable to trot in.

Thanks for any advice you can offer!

·
Like a Ninja
3,916 Posts
I'd go with either the Ruffwear one of the Clean Run one... I don't have either, but both companies have great products :)

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I have the clean run one and what I like about it is that it is very light and you can refresh it with cold water easily. I may get the ahhpaws one just for variety. I think the others are too bulky.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Just my two cents, if my dog needs a cool coat to bike with me, then it's too hot for me to be biking with the dog.

That being said, I just ordered the cool coat for agility trials. I have the Chamois one for Flirt from dog shows and it's ok, but I like the mesh one better. I don't mind a short jaunt in hot weather such as agility, conformation, obedience, etc. but to me again if the dog needs a cool coat, biking is too much. I have to either get up really early or go really late right now to bike the dogs. Plus we have hot pavement so pretty soon my only option will be early mornings.

Reactions: *Wrigley*
1 - 12 of 12 Posts