Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My little Lexie is almost 12 weeks old and my hubby and I are absolutely obsessed with her! Maybe its a touch of empty nest, but this pup is our BABY. I have always had dogs all my life. This is my first Dobe and I am hooked on the breed. The smartest and most human-like pup I have ever seen. I actually have my husband being a stay at home Dad! (well, he has his own company so he takes her with him)

My Hubby and I belong to a volunteer fire dept. and everyone knew I was getting my puppy on a Saturday. Well, on Sunday I had a house full of people. My friends threw me a surprise puppy shower! It was the best! Lexie got soooo many great things!

Hope to get to know you all.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
awww lol yeah dobermans will steal your heart and run with it...youll never get it back lol. thats so nice of everyone at your puppy shower!

·
Premium Member
10,537 Posts
Awesome! I want to have a puppy shower!! Lexie sounds like one lucky little puppy. :)

·
Registered
821 Posts
awwww a puppy shower how cute!!!! She is one cute puppy! I know how you feel about being hooked on this breed. Gaston was my first and they do get under your skin. I couldn't imagine not having a dobe now that my heart has been stolen by my 2 doberkids!!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,731 Posts
All my girlfriends are either pregnant or just had a baby and I have been to 4 showers this year and the 5th is at the end of next month! When we get a new addition I want a puppy shower!! Great story - Welcome for Isabelle & I in AZ :) She's a doll!

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Welcome to the club. :D I think there are a few out there. But I won't snitch on them.

·
Registered
5,715 Posts
Huh....you're an admitted dobeholic and you came HERE for help with that?

Congrats on your new baby, she's PRECIOUS!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
My little Lexie is almost 12 weeks old and my hubby and I are absolutely obsessed with her! Maybe its a touch of empty nest, but this pup is our BABY. I have always had dogs all my life. This is my first Dobe and I am hooked on the breed. The smartest and most human-like pup I have ever seen. I actually have my husband being a stay at home Dad! (well, he has his own company so he takes her with him)
We too are empty nesters. Tried not to have another dobie for 2 plus years (to sad from losing the last one).Anyway we just couldn`t do it. I even researched other breeds. Still came back to the dobies. So welcome to a wonderful addiction.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
Welcome from me and Orson in Indiana :)

It's a very healthy addiction and I don't see anyone around here that will help you kick your habit, LOL! (Certainly not Brumwolf, beware or you could end up with 4 girls like him! :D)

Your puppy shower sounds like a wonderful surprise for friends to have done, how very thoughtful of them................I bet you talked their ear off about Lexi before she ever came home!

·
Premium Member
4,260 Posts
Lexi is a beauty. I spent a miserable almost 3 months without a dobe after having at least one for over 11 years. The first one was completely incidental and I don't regret a day of it. They steal your heart and your heart will never be recovered.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
I'm addicted, too!

Welcome to DT from Ria and Rudi!

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
Welcome! TRY and remember from time to time at Lexie is a dog and not a human, otherwise you will be doomed to sleeping on 6" of mattress and wake up clinging to the side of the bed!

·
Premium Member
9,664 Posts
Ha ha ha.....welcome!!! I'm also have a problem with my new addiction! It's all about the Doberman for me too....Petey is 5 months old today, and I am just in love with him and the breed! He is a handful, but nothing like any of the dogs in my past, his level of intelligence is remarkable.

Enjoy her small....it is over in like a month!

Carol ox

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Welcome from Sue, Chessie and Riggs from Ohio! This is a wonderful breed and they are very good at stealing your heart. Your hooked!

·
Registered
561 Posts
She is so cute for sure. Just remember, as Cesar Millan would say, she needs a pack leader more than anything. :)

·
Still Here Despite Rumour
4,376 Posts
O.K.-O.K.-O.K. -----my name is Tony and i'm a Doberholic(this is supposed to the first step ----Right ? )Can't see what the problem is myself,all you need is a regular supply of Dobermans and all is well with the world!!!

·
Registered
4,407 Posts
O.K.-O.K.-O.K. -----my name is Tony and i'm a Doberholic(this is supposed to the first step ----Right ? )Can't see what the problem is myself,all you need is a regular supply of Dobermans and all is well with the world!!!
This just cracked me up. I need to join. Where do I sign up. Hope I don`t have to swim far. Let me get my floaties first.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts