Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

Help....I feel like such a bad mommy......

914 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Krys 
#1 ·
Well Sasha has started this issue with barking if someone isnt paying 100% attention to her or if she is left in her crate for more than 2 mins after she is done eating......

Here is what is going on, every morning i feel my 3 furkids while im in the shower....for that reason they eat in their crates.

Now if Sasha is in her crate more than 2 mins after she is done eating she barks non stop till you let her out. now she has my pit pup doing it, so it HAS to stop.

Well this weekend she learned the hard way and i feel so bad but i know she needs to learn. we did our normal routine and she started barking, well when all quieted down for a few seconds i went in there to praise her and let her out but as soon as she saw me she stared again so i wasnt going to reward her bad behavior, so i let the other 2 out that werent barking. yeah she was not to happy with me but she has to learn in order to get what she wants i have to have some peace and quiet. so for the next hour every 5 mins or so when it was quiet i would walk in there and try to let her out praising her when she was quiet but when i got to the crate here went the barking again. i think she might be getting then hang of what hush means and that she needs to quit barking to be ou but i feel so bad....

am i wrong?

See less See more
#3 ·
she doesnt hate her cage but nor does she like it, she just knows that when i say crate she has to go there and automatically sits in her cage till i shut and lock it. i think she it just more so being a pest like to see how aggravated she can get mommy before she gets outta the shower

#5 ·
Lexus doesn't care for her cage. Like sasha, she doesn't like it or hate it. If I tell her to go in there she VERY SLOWLY will. But she never choses to just go in there like my other dogs do.

Keep it up, you're right the worse thing you can do is let her out when she's carrying on. Good lucK!

#7 ·
weird thing is, no matter wether or not the other 2 capone and niko are in theirs right next to her she still does it. capone loves his crate, niko sighs and hums and hos when i say crate its kinda funny like alittle kids saying "awww but mom do i have to? im older than them im not a little "kid" anymore"

#8 ·
I don't like using the term "a cage". I prefer "crate" instead. Call me crazy, yes I am. Definately use the crate as a training tool. My girl loves her crate, I really believe she sees it as her room, where she can feel safe in. She goes in it at night by herself or when ever she feels like it.

We also use it for our time outs. If she's doing something we do not approve of, we tell her to go to her crate. She goes right in. Once she lays down and is quiet for 30 seconds, she gets to come out again. If she continues to bark, she stays in there until she quiets down. We started doing that at an early age and it works out fine. Anything longer than 30 seconds for a time out when she's quiet does not help.

Keep it up, she will learn. Its alot more painful on us, than it is for them

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.