Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need some ideas on ways to keep him entertained and happy
Right now we play fetch sorta he doesn't give me back the toy I throw just chews on it till his done and thats about it.
Any other games I can play with him to keep his mind stimulated and give him a good workout.
Also any tips on leash training he doesnt like the leash very much. so its difficult to take him out for walks.
Thanks for all your help guys!:thanx:

·
Da Boss
3,510 Posts
My girl loves to play hide and seek with her toys. I have her sit and stay in one room, smell the toy and then hide it in another room. I tell her to "find it!" and off she goes looking for it. Lots of praise and play time when she finds it, which normally doesnt take too long! Rinse and repeat. Great workout for her mind and nose! :)

·
Luv-The-Nub
1,058 Posts
Well, aside from normal things like eating and going potty, today we chewed on bullystick, learned how to "crawl", played bubbles, tug of war, hide and seek (briefly), and went for 2 interesting walks..... Ammo has been sleeping for hours :)

·
Registered
6,834 Posts
mabel works on her basics throughout the day, as well as conditioning/toning exercises, we also play tug, we search the house or yard for toys and/or treats, work on tricks like touch, shake, speak, gib laut, and we play with the flirt pole, work on weaves and agility jumps.
My house also makes a circle so we play chase where she can't catch me and is trying to figure out which direction i went, usually ended with her finding me hiding in the bathroom or closet and some snuggles.

She also gets a buster cube to work for a snack (she is so cute, it hits the hardwood and she picks it up and drops it back on the carpet)

This isn't all done everyday but overall I try to focus more on mental stimulation than physical, she runs around like a nut as it is during potty breaks so if I get her brain worn out she sleeps wonderfully :)

Good luck!

·
Premium Member
11,421 Posts
Hey guys, need some ideas on ways to keep him entertained and happy
Right now we play fetch sorta he doesn't give me back the toy I throw just chews on it till his done and thats about it.
Any other games I can play with him to keep his mind stimulated and give him a good workout.
Also any tips on leash training he doesnt like the leash very much. so its difficult to take him out for walks.
Thanks for all your help guys!:thanx:
If your puppy is only three months what you need to be doing most is teaching him stuff. You can teach puppies that age to fetch instead of just throwing toys and letting them run after them and chew on them.

And it's a lot easier to train a puppy to walk on a leash at three months than start trying at four, five or six months. Use the search feature--there are dozens of threads that have very good suggestions about making leash training fun for a puppy and it's not too soon to actually do it. It isn't going to get better until you put some effort into training him.

There have been several good suggestions offered but they all depend on starting to teach the puppy things that will lead to more things that you and the dog can do as he grows up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts