Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really hope you all can help me!

I have been on hiatus from here for a while now- I lost my amazing rescue boy Ruff back in November and needless to say I haven't had much to say.

I've decided that I'm ready to re-open my heart and home and as much as I believe in Rescuing, I think this time around I'd like to have much more time with my Doberman. Ruff and I only were together for two years, and it was heartbreaking to lose him (My vet thinks he was ten when I got him, when I adopted him, they estimated he was 6).

Needless to say, I've started looking around for a breeder...but I'm new to this....I've only ever had rescues. I feel overwhelmed- in south florida it seems like there are an overwhelming amount of BYBs, and the few breeders I've found that seem legit either haven't gotten back to me or aren't breeding any longer.

I'm willing to drive out of state, I'd rather pick up my puppy than have him shipped. I'm not looking to show, just a companion. I've surfed through the list of reputable breeders, but they all seem to be far away.

Hopefully some of you great people can help me? Any advice is welcome! :):kiss:

·
Take my Dobe, please!
2,566 Posts
Rescue groups take in Dobes of all ages. According to Petfinder.com, these young Dobes are available for adoption in Florida:
Young black male in Lighthouse Point: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Lighthouse Point, FL | Duke
Six-month-old black cropped/docked female in Lighthouse Point: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Lighthouse Point, FL | Godiva
Pups and momma Dobe in Miami, available in May: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Miami, FL | Coming SOON :)
Doberman Rescue of Lake Placid has several young Dobes available: Pet Search Results: Adoptable Pets in Lake Placid, FL: Petfinder

You didn't indicate whether you plan to compete in obedience, agility, tracking or other sports with your Dobe. Thus, I suggest you contact these "show breeders" to inquire about pet-quality Dobes they may have available in upcoming litters:

Florida: Carosel, Monarch, Brykris
Gerogia: Pamelot, Mikadobe

Contact info for these breeders can be found here: (DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral)

Thank you for doing your due diligence and supporting ethical breeders. Best wishes for a successful DoberSearch.:wavey:

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
So sorry for the loss of your boy, may he rest in peace.

Good luck with your research and search for just the right Dobe.

Who knows, another rescue may snag your heart yet. :)

HUgz!

·
In training
1,263 Posts
Hello and welcome! You are very lucky as there are some great breeders in Florida. We got our girl from Alison of Velo Dobermans. Here's some links:

Carosel: Dobermans of Carosel
Velo: Home
Alpha: Home
Kinetic: Index

·
Still a Pup
2,733 Posts
Hey neighbor, you are in a great area for breeders. The ones listed above are respected.
I posted not too long ago the DPCA list of breeders in Florida if you do a search of this board.
Good luck!

Reactions: Ruffs_Mom

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Rescue groups take in Dobes of all ages. According to Petfinder.com, these young Dobes are available for adoption in Florida:
Young black male in Lighthouse Point: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Lighthouse Point, FL | Duke
Six-month-old black cropped/docked female in Lighthouse Point: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Lighthouse Point, FL | Godiva
Pups and momma Dobe in Miami, available in May: Petfinder Adoptable Dog | Doberman Pinscher | Miami, FL | Coming SOON :)
Doberman Rescue of Lake Placid has several young Dobes available: Pet Search Results: Adoptable Pets in Lake Placid, FL: Petfinder

You didn't indicate whether you plan to compete in obedience, agility, tracking or other sports with your Dobe. Thus, I suggest you contact these "show breeders" to inquire about pet-quality Dobes they may have available in upcoming litters:

Florida: Carosel, Monarch, Brykris
Gerogia: Pamelot, Mikadobe

Contact info for these breeders can be found here: (DPCA | The Doberman | Breeder Referral)

Thank you for doing your due diligence and supporting ethical breeders. Best wishes for a successful DoberSearch.:wavey:

Thank you for so many links- I'm registered through petfinder for any "doberman" like dogs, but for whatever reason, I didn't get any notifications about any of them other than Duke (who my heart melts for, but I was made aware that he has an intense dislike for kitties, and I have a resident cat).

Again, thank you for taking the time to give me so much info- I appreciate it.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Definitely tons of BYBs in South Florida. I think you have to go up north a bit to find something worth while. I got my puppy from sunstyle dobermans, but she's not breeding again for a while.

Try alpha dobermans if you can get a hold of the breeder. See if you can visit them in Ocala; i've heard great things.

I spoke with Amy from kinetic dobes and she is super nice and very helpful. If she has something available, you'd be lucky to get a dog from her.

·
Still a Pup
2,733 Posts
I couldn't find my own post, so I just copied and pasted this again!

Florida
(Vero Beach) HOLLY WOODS
K Dean Fike and B. J. Fike (772) 388-3838
[email protected]
Holly Woods : Home Page
Florida
(Palm Bay) HONEYBUCKET'S DOBERMANS
Marcia Ferris and Arthur Fettrow (321) 676-0696

Florida
(Brooksville) CAROSEL
Carol Selzle Petruzzo and Francisco Javier Aguilo (352) 754-5200
[email protected]
Dobermans of Carosel
Florida
(Brooksville) CABOB DOBERMANS
Bruce D Cook (352) 650-9098
[email protected]

Florida
(Madison) DESERT MIRAGE KENNEL
Claudette Papenberg (850) 971-5802
[email protected]
Desert Mirage
Florida
(Bunnell) TRUMP
Daniel Galligan (386) 437-3260
[email protected]

Florida
(Hollywood) HAMLET
Fabian Gotlib (954) 243-2317
[email protected]
*//Hamlet Kennel. Doberman's Breeders\\*
Florida
(Inverness) VELO DOBERMANS
Alison McDonald (352) 464-0753
[email protected]
Home
Florida
(Miami Beach) KANDU
Mary Kathryn Klein (305) 213-6786
[email protected]

Florida
(Wildwood) VEEDOC
A Leigh McBride DVM (352) 748-5454
[email protected]
veedockennels.com - veedockennels Resources and Information. This website is for sale!
Florida
(Sarasota) CAROLON
Carol A Kepler (941) 365-4429
[email protected]

Florida
(Edgewater) MARQUIS' KENNEL
Linda E Marquis and Kelly Lyn Marquis (603) 770-5577
[email protected]
Marquis Dobes - Quality Doberman Pinschers, Puppies & Adult Dogs
Florida
(Belleview) MONARCH
Jeffrey Lynn Brucker and Melissa Brucker (352) 347-4628
[email protected]

Florida
(Belleview) MONARCH
Melissa Brucker (352) 347-4628
[email protected]

Florida
(Miami) A'MONDE DOBERMANS
Ada M Levine (305) 665-0228
[email protected]

Florida
(Ocala) BRYKRIS DOBERMANS, AKC reg.
Jo Ann James (352) 694-8080
[email protected]

Florida
(Fellsmere) HOLLY WOODS
Diane McGarvey and Michael K Thomas (772) 571-8371
[email protected]
Entrance Page
Florida
(Morriston) ALPHA DOBERMANS
Susanne Smith (352) 528-6414
[email protected]
Home
Florida
(Miami) AGUILO-CAROSEL
Francisco Javier Aguilo and Carol Petruzzo (809) 565-3364
[email protected]

Florida
(Cape Coral) KINETIC
Amy Tourond and Gregory McLogan (239) 945-4583
[email protected]
Index
Florida
(Orlando) WATER'S EDGE DOBERMANS
Sandra Teague and Jeffery Teague (407) 298-2345
[email protected]
Wetcoat PVA Chamois Wet Coat Coats for your dog Shammy Cool Coat Kool Koat PETA Made in the USA
Florida
(Naples) BELZ
Katherine Belzowski (239) 455-2230
[email protected]

Florida
(Wesley Chapel) ACACIA
Linda M Whitney (813) 907-8216
[email protected]
www.acaciakennels.com
Florida
(Fort Myers) SHANNORA
Diane Sobel (239) 690-0048
[email protected]

Florida
(Summerfield) MANDRE' DOBERMANS
George R Ross and Barbara A Ross (352) 245-7872
[email protected]

Florida
(Bunnell) TORRE
Jinny Rojas (386) 405-6125
[email protected]

Florida
(Loxahatchee Groves) ROCLYN DOBERMANS
Lynn Roche (561) 798-8213
[email protected]

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Everyone's already recommended great breeders, so I just wanted to say hi from north of you. It's great finding other people nearby! :D
Aw thanks! Hi! When I finally get my dog we should get all the south florida Dobes together for a playdate!:boldblue:

·
Registered
523 Posts
Try alpha dobermans if you can get a hold of the breeder. See if you can visit them in Ocala; i've heard great things.
My dog's sire is from Alpha Dobermans. I honestly could not have dreamed of a nicer dog than my Chase. He is a wonderful, wonderful boy.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts