Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to re-home a year and a half old AKC registered male Doberman. I purchased him last week under the assumption he was a fully trained dog. Unfortunately he is not as trained as advertised. I have lower back issues which place physical limitations on me and make it difficult to hold him back as he pulls hard on the leash when walking. I have contacted several trainers in the area for help with training and all are booked up for weeks. My back won’t survive weeks of the dog pulling on me. The dog does well with my family and is a serious cuddle buddy. He is house broken and crate trained. He is intact and ears are cropped. He had a vet checkup in mid April and came back with a clean bill of health. This dog desperately needs someone who can take charge and give him the training he needs. Please message me for more info
95C224BF-B70C-4A54-822E-0B5359DA63C8.jpeg 2867793A-EB41-4144-96FB-D00D51FA4A6A.jpeg

·
Registered
I now have a 15 yr old Yorkie, yes I know a big difference from a Dobie.
16 Posts
GM, I am interested in your dog . I can only imagine your sadness in having to rehome ur dog and am sorry for ur bad back. I would like to know more about the dog and where you are located.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited by Moderator)
GM, I am interested in your dog . I can only imagine your sadness in having to rehome ur dog and am sorry for ur bad back. I would like to know more about the dog and where you are located.
It has definitely been a heartbreaker to finally be able to have the means to get the dog I’ve wanted for many years only to already be looking at re-homing him due to my physical limitations and his lack of training combined.
We are located in Savannah, Georgia. Send me a "Conversation" (private message) on this forum with any other questions and to exchange private contact information.
Mod edit to remove private information.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Please please contact a reputable Dobe-specific rescue organization.
Where are you located?
Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve already been on the Georgia Doberman Rescue website to lookup info. I figured I’d give this community a try first since I know there are many people on here who have a passion for the breed and like myself only want what is best for these beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I live in So. Fl and its a 5 1/2 hr trip which I would do for the right dog. However I would like to chat and do emails due to my questions. I would like to call u or u me either works. Eric

·
Premium Member
332 Posts
My advice would be to contact the breeder. Most reputable breeders take back their dogs in situations like these. Start there as the breeder has a passion for their dogs and only wants the best for every one of them. Good luck!

·
Registered
16 Posts
No offense MMcCown my home, care and love would be a significantly better place then ANY rescue.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I live in So. Fl and its a 5 1/2 hr trip which I would do for the right dog. However I would like to chat and do emails due to my questions. I would like to call u or u me either works. Eric
Please email me at ___ to communicate directly.
Email address removed per mod--interested parties please use the conversation button to exchange private contact information

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry "dark side" only chat too many questions and email not really secure for either of us. If not I wish u luck.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,432 Posts
Overmyhead, please remember that this is a forum open to the public, both members and not--just because someone signs in here doesn't mean they are trustworthy or good dog owners (I speak generically), and anyone can use your contact information. Use due diligence with ANY person you contact on the forum.

Please do not post personal information--we advise you use our "conversation" feature if you want to talk to a specific member here or exchange further contact information. Per forum policy, I've removed your personal contact info.

To find our conversation feature, click on your avatar/picture, top right in the bar above this thread. Scan down and click on "Conversations", then on the red "Start Conversation" button on the top right. The rest is fairly obvious--you'll need to type your recipients user name right above the message "You may enter multiple names here" , then type in a title and your text. Click on the red start conversation button at the bottom of your message and off it goes.

If anyone is interested in further contact with Overhead, please open a conversation with her, so you can exchange private information if you want.

·
Premium Member
1,439 Posts
Just because someone is on a dog /Doberman forum doesn't automatically mean they would be a good fit or appropriate home for your pup. A good Dobe rescue thoroughly evaluates each of its dogs, as well as would-be adopters - they want to make the best possible match for both sides.

·
Registered
85 Posts
He is a handsome fella. I know you said you’ve only had him a week. But have you noticed any behavior issues other than the pulling on the leash? Do you know if he is good around kids or other pets?
The pic with his head in someone’s lap, is that you or the previous owner? Do you know how many other owners he has had?

·
Registered
6,879 Posts
Where is the breeder in all of this? Why is the dog not with them right now? ANY good breeder will have a return contract to avoid this exact situation.

·
ZuriBug
202 Posts
Looks like he has only had him one week and purchased him at 1 1/2 years old so he may be the second or third home.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Overmyhead, please remember that this is a forum open to the public, both members and not--just because someone signs in here doesn't mean they are trustworthy or good dog owners (I speak generically), and anyone can use your contact information. Use due diligence with ANY person you contact on the forum.

Please do not post personal information--we advise you use our "conversation" feature if you want to talk to a specific member here or exchange further contact information. Per forum policy, I've removed your personal contact info.

To find our conversation feature, click on your avatar/picture, top right in the bar above this thread. Scan down and click on "Conversations", then on the red "Start Conversation" button on the top right. The rest is fairly obvious--you'll need to type your recipients user name right above the message "You may enter multiple names here" , then type in a title and your text. Click on the red start conversation button at the bottom of your message and off it goes.

If anyone is interested in further contact with Overhead, please open a conversation with her, so you can exchange private information if you want.
thanks for looking out

·
Registered
16 Posts
FYI, I was in touch with the gentleman that has the 1 1/2 yr old Dobie a few times. He couldn't return it to the breeder because he bgt him from a private party. When the buyer called the seller back to say the dog wasn't trained (not even leash trained) as advertised the seller never picked up the phone or returned voicemails. I would have bgt the dog as is except for the fact he hasn't been tested around other small animals and I have a 15 yr old Yorkie that's 1/2 blind and deaf . Taking a chance with an intact 1 1/2 yr old male Dobie would not wise ...if the trip wasn't 6 hrs each way I would have tried bringing him home for a "test run". ;) Still looking for a dog...pls no rescue suggestions most have been worse then dealing with used car dealers...lol However one in Ft. Lauderdale lovely people, knowledgeable , reasonable and helpful.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts