Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
princes tape came halfway off his ears today... i wanna fix them but im scared to do it myself... this will be the first time i do it myself... so if some one could help and tell me if i should post them or use a cup? to hold them up for a week... or what should i do and how to do it?

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Well, when it stops storming and she comes home she can tell you how to tape ears. She should have already done that when you purchased your puppy. Most breeder give a demo and written instructions on how to tape.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well if i was in sc that would be easy to get a demo wouldnt it but since im in seattle that would be hard huh coAls alls i did was ask for help if you dont know why say anything

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
Actually, I've been through tapings of 3 puppies. I suggested your breeder because there are different methods of taping. No written instructions came with your pup?

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well her method wasnt something i thought would work... it does with her babies but i dont know if i wuld do it with mine... im very particular but im used to haveing my vet do my stuff but im sick of going to seattle every other day LOL... so i apologize for sound b*tchy... im frustrated...

·
Banned
675 Posts
The reason I don't feel like answering your question is as coalsmom said your breeder should have covered all this before you bought the puppy. In fact your breeder should have had the ears cropped and healed before the puppy was sold. You keep telling us how much you know, enough to be a breeder, so when you ask these kinds of novice questions, it reminds me of how very little you really do know.

But I have an idea for you. Why don't you call some of thos long time successful Doberman breeders and AKC judges who think your male is the most beautiful Doberman they've ever seen? They can help you with ear care, and probably do it a lot more cheaply than what a vet charges. There are numerous ear experts in the Seattle area.

·
Banned
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well then why respong micdobe seems like you are interested in saying soemthing smart...

well i got it going now.. we are done.. they turned out great... i had to read the website that i had and then go shopping to get the stuff i needed... you would think as a girl id have some of that stuff but nope not me... well it is done and we are all standing and we dont have any problems now... we are done and finally have the ears standing again..... and we are doing great luckily i know a breeder in ontario and she talked me thru the process i already knew but i didnt want todo it till i had someone reiterate what i already knew about it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
micdobe said:
The reason I don't feel like answering your question is as coalsmom said your breeder should have covered all this before you bought the puppy. In fact your breeder should have had the ears cropped and healed before the puppy was sold. You keep telling us how much you know, enough to be a breeder, so when you ask these kinds of novice questions, it reminds me of how very little you really do know.

But I have an idea for you. Why don't you call some of thos long time successful Doberman breeders and AKC judges who think your male is the most beautiful Doberman they've ever seen? They can help you with ear care, and probably do it a lot more cheaply than what a vet charges. There are numerous ear experts in the Seattle area.
she asked for help so the least u could do was help, have a little concern.

blueandwhite, Just use the cup until u can get ahold of someone

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah your're right this should have been completely covered by the breeder with demos and instructions, however we are here for the dogs. Whiteandblue has a concern, so as dobie lovers lets just do our best to help her and not dredging "old business" back up again.

·
Registered
232 Posts
TracyJo said:
Didn't you say in another thread that you've got your aggression problems in check? Cause I'm thinking this profanity laced post is a bit on the aggressive side....

it is in check but i still get highly pissed, and im tired of seeing ppl cause confrontation instead of trying to help

I said i have a bad temper and i do, it just takes a little longer for it to blow up

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Gunner said:
it is in check but i still get highly pissed, and im tired of seeing ppl cause confrontation instead of trying to help

I said i have a bad temper and i do, it just takes a little longer for it to blow up
There's nothing wrong with getting upset but how you handle that feeling is a completely different story. I don't understand the need for profanity especially here on the forum. It's not as if we are actually talking and something just pops out of your mouth. We actually have to organize a thought to sit and type it out as opposed to a heated debate in person where words fly a little quicker. I would imagine people could edit those thoughts while typing.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Yeah, you should see some of my posts when I'm feeling a little "hot" to say the least before I edit them !!! You know where I'm coming from TracyJo!!! Sometimes I rewrite them a half dozen times before I post!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts