Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my doberman was seen by vet a few weeks ago for not eating well and was put on several meds. I have another appointment tomorrow but saw him poop this morning and it looks like rope of something in it. Im not 100% sure he didn't eat something but I doubt it as we don't leave anything laying around that he would probably eat and don't have anything that looks like what he pooped. Im curious to what this could possibly be before I head to vet. Here are a few pictures IMG_0777.jpg and IMG_0776.jpg
He doesn't seem to be feeling well and just looks depressed.
Any information on what the poop means would be helpful

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
i cannot seem to view the pics on my computer.........

but maybe save some in a bag to bring to the Vets with you tomorrow.

so sorry your boy is not feeling well.

seems to be a few dobes on DT lately 'feeling' like your boy. :(

Hugz to Dexter.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i cannot seem to view the pics on my computer.........

but maybe save some in a bag to bring to the Vets with you tomorrow.

so sorry your boy is not feeling well.

seems to be a few dobes on DT lately 'feeling' like your boy. :(

Hugz to Dexter.
Did you try clicking on the links? I posted them a Web site to keep them high quality. They should work on any computer.

·
30,675 Posts
yes i did....but i am off grid and have a satellite internet service that is not very strong......so many times i cannot view pictures or video clips on my computer. :)

·
Registered
939 Posts

For those that cannot see it. Looks indeed like he ate something. Has your vet done anything to rule out intestinal blockage? This is a very serious condition that can kill dogs if left untreated.

·
30,675 Posts
love looking at poop in the afternoon! :)

looks like he is passing something .......hopefully it shall all pass and he will feel better.

Please keep us updated and let us know how the Vet visit goes tomorrow.

i hope your boy will be OK.

·
Registered
4,705 Posts
Looks like he ate something, to me as well. Looks like some type of cloth something.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
another vote for it being a shoelace...that once was white I suspect....check all sneakers ;) (also get the vet to check there's not more in there)

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,212 Posts
I vote for a sock.

And if he is still not feeling well I'd definitely head for a vet. In my experience with my notorious sock eater years ago, once he had passed one, he rapidly improved and quickly acted fine. If your dog hasn't improved, he may have some lingering inflammation or even more material in his gut.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts