Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys now it is me who needs your help :help_up_2
I just do not know what is up with the girls lately.. Iris has been starting a lot of fights. she will go up to Raven and poke at her and then Raven will growl.. we will tell them to stop and then Iris will do it again and Raven will growl more then the fight is on... Then Gypsy will get into the act...:help_up_2 I am at my wits end.. we have seperated the dogs when it even starts a little but we just never know when it will start.. it always starts with Iris.. she started with Gypsy the other day which is weird because they get along so well.. In the end Gypsy had a small cut on her ear, thank the lord it wasn't anybigger.. then last night Iris started with Raven and I had to take Raven to the vet this morning. Her ankle was all swollen.. and a cut on her leg.. so now more meds for poor Raven
Raven just doesn't back down and she doesn't know she will get her ass kicked..What can I do... They are fine when we are not at home, but when we are home the fight is on!!! and it has just started the last two weeks bad.. it seems that everynight we are breaking up a fight that is getting ready to start.. Help!!!

·
Registered
4,169 Posts
Iris is the youngest and just coming up on 2 yrs, right? Do you think that she's challenging for the Alpha position in the pack?
I'm at a loss on how you should handle this, I've read so many conflicting articles on how to handle situations like this. I know my own personal experience with this, (actually it was my bff's 3 spayed female mixes) turned out very tradgically.
I'm sure someone here will chime in with excellent advice, someone always does :)
Good luck and be careful. I know my friend, Nikki, got pretty tore up breaking up a fight once.
~Tracy

Actually you know I read a book years ago called "The Dog Who Loved too Much" either by Dobson or Dunbar... At any rate he described an incident much like this between his clients pack of terriers (I think). Not sure what his solution was... Maybe try to find this book and see if it will give some good advice.

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank I will look up the book.. Maybe Iris is trying out her oats... but I am sure getting tired of it.. I know sometimes she is wanting to play.. but she plays by biting the other dogs leg... Poor Raven she thinks she is Alpha , but i really don't think she is.. and she almost always is on the losing end of the stick.. Oh I know about being bite.. Raven and Gypsy got into it last summer and hubby and I tried to break it up.. well, Raven accidently grab my wrist and gave it a good bite.. boy when Spirit heard me scream in pain.. he dove into the girls and really got after them for hurtiing me..Well, any advise anyone has would really help!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts