Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, i'm looking for a dobe puppy in TX, (or closest states to it) specifically RED female mostly EURO ( someone told me that 100% true euro can be only black, is it true?) Does anyone know any trustworthy breeders in TX or its surroundings ? There's one breeder was recommended to me a while ago MyCartoonPets.com ANYONE knows anything about them? :confused: ANY info will be much appreciated !!!:nicejob: :thanx:

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,213 Posts
No to the MyCartoonPets--Kimbertal bloodlines, selling breeding rights (if you pay extra) to anyone with money, selling off a "used" female including her breeding rights, multiple breeds of dogs in their kennels....lots of red flags. Ick is all I can say.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No to the MyCartoonPets--Kimbertal bloodlines, selling breeding rights (if you pay extra) to anyone with money, selling off a "used" female including her breeding rights, multiple breeds of dogs in their kennels....lots of red flags. Ick is all I can say.
yeah that is what i thought too but wanted to get a second opinion !!! Much appreciated !!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OMG. Cartoon Pets is horrid. Euro dogs come in red. You are looking in the wrong places. Can't recommend a euro breeder. Is there a reason u don't want an American Bred dog. There are many good breeders in Texas with champion, health tested breeding dogs.
thanks !! Well I like their physical traits/structure more, also their temperament. Plus I am from Russia originally so i kinda always wanted euro dobe. they do not have American dobes there, or if they do, i guess they are not that popular. so euro is what i am use to naturally :)

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i would also like 100%euro+ american mix but still would prefer more euro looking pup i guess:) Do you know any breeders in TX who may do mix breeding?

·
Got mutt?
13,814 Posts
Hi everybody, i'm looking for a dobe puppy in TX, (or closest states to it) specifically RED female mostly EURO ( someone told me that 100% true euro can be only black, is it true?) Does anyone know any trustworthy breeders in TX or its surroundings ? There's one breeder was recommended to me a while ago MyCartoonPets.com ANYONE knows anything about them? :confused: ANY info will be much appreciated !!!:nicejob: :thanx:
There are a lot of good breeders in Texas. Sadly, there are a lot more crummy breeders. (MyCartoonPets falls into the latter category, as Melbrod pointed out.) The breeders in Texas that I would typically recommend are NA show line breeders.

What type of Euro dog are you looking for? A show line or working line? A good place to start looking for both is the United Doberman Club breeders list. United Doberman Club

Euro line dogs do come in all four approved AKC/UKC colors, by the way. It's just that black and red (or brown, as they are called in Europe) are the only approved FCI colors.

Reactions: melbrod

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog, RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
26,213 Posts
There are apparently at least two breeders with the name Lone Star--see very old thread (2010)http://www.dobermantalk.com/breeding-breeders/40020-lonestar-dobermans-2.html which is about the one you are looking at, I believe.

This one looks like many on this forum found them questionable, but the thread quoted above is.....argumentative. Where there's smoke there's fire, though, I say.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Not in Texas, but my new pup is coming from New York, vomkobyhaus.com
her F litter, Case x Uzel. She has 11 pups on the ground, might be worth the distance for you. Only downside for me was having to get on a plane and pick pup up( I HATE to fly LOL!!)

·
Registered
237 Posts
I am very happy with my now almost 2 year old that came from
wyldwoodkennel about an hour out of Austin. He is about the sweetest dog I have ever known A bit headstrong but I think that is given with the breed.

I would not expect much of a response if you only send a message saying I want a pup you got any.

You might want to include a bit about what kind of home you are in your back ground on dog ownership what your plans for the dog are.

·
_______
5,102 Posts
thanks !! Well I like their physical traits/structure more, also their temperament. Plus I am from Russia originally so i kinda always wanted euro dobe. they do not have American dobes there, or if they do, i guess they are not that popular. so euro is what i am use to naturally :)
There are few North American dobes there because very few breeders of any repute ship overseas where they lose all control of what happens to a dog.
Thus the lack of popularity.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts