Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my Milo is 11 months old non spayed .. i have the appointment set for Oct 30,2011 for the operation. but thats not my dilema.

i am a single father with young kids and the week i have the kids milo doesnt go out much or excercise alot i do have a back yard large for him to run but doesnt compare to the week i dont have the kids and we do everything together and i take him out 3 times a day one hour each time and maybe more .

so what happens the days i have the kids MILO gets very anxoius barks more than usaully and is very stressed cos he doesnt go out much and this causing a problem ..

i need some advice how to over come those days with the kids and please my Milo also .. my kids are demanding with soccer, hockey and weekend activities when i have on the wekedend also

thanks

Leo

·
Paralibrarian
6,168 Posts
Get the kids involved with training! Use the time they're there to teach the "silly" tricks like "high five!" and "army crawl". That way, even if he isn't getting the longer walks, he's still using up energy, and still with his people. That's all they want, really; to be with us.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Tredmill, make friends with one!
I'd be wary of putting a young dog on a treadmill before growth plates are closed and without knowing what you are doing.

·
U got some splain' to do
244 Posts
I'm sure Milo would love to go with you to a soccer game or any other activity with the kids. He maybe feeling left out everytime the kids come, that's why he's more anxious and barky. Include him in as much activities as you can with the kids.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
I would second the other ideas, why can't he come to a soccer game? Or why can't the kids play with the dog as well?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts