Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Puppy just got his ears cropped 2 days ago.. and the doctor put tape on his ears so his ears wouldnt touch anything. well his ears are starting to bleed. so i wanted to change the tape.. well the tapes i had its not strong enough.. Can anyone tell me what kind of tape you used to tape your dogs ears?? Right now i cant run up to the vet to buy tape cuz my husband dont get off work until late so ill have to go to walgreens, cvs, or something thats open late.. They aint posted yet its just taped on the inside of the ears.

Thanks for your help..

·
Registered
640 Posts
Hello--

Have you spoken to your vet about this? Some scabbing and slight bleeding might be normal (can't tell over the internet of course), but where are they bleeding from and how much?

Some dr's leave the ears alone after cropping, until they are healed and posting can begin. I don't believe the taping of your pup's ears is actually a necessity at this point, but check with your vet.

Did your vet comment on your puppy's legs? In pic #2 your pup appears to be knuckling over quite a bit. Here is an article on the subject if you're not familiar with the condition:
Bowed Legs, Knuckling Over in Puppies - Puppy Feed Program | GREATDANELADY.COM

·
Alpha
2,797 Posts
Hello--

Have you spoken to your vet about this? Some scabbing and slight bleeding might be normal (can't tell over the internet of course), but where are they bleeding from and how much?

Some dr's leave the ears alone after cropping, until they are healed and posting can begin. I don't believe the taping of your pup's ears is actually a necessity at this point, but check with your vet.

Did your vet comment on your puppy's legs? In pic #2 your pup appears to be knuckling over quite a bit. Here is an article on the subject if you're not familiar with the condition:
Bowed Legs, Knuckling Over in Puppies - Puppy Feed Program | GREATDANELADY.COM
Yes I noticed that leg as well. Sorry I have no advise on the ears.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I told my vet about his legs hes said its normal and he'll grow out of it.. I tried calling my vet today but they was closed. Hes bleeding from the tip of his ears and its only alittle bit, he bleeds because he scratches his ears even with the thing around his neck.. The reason why he puts tape on the ears is so the ears are not moving around and getting irratated. he didnt put tape on it to make them stand.. thats not until next week..

·
Registered
16,037 Posts
A lot of people use Johnson and Johnson Athletic tape to post ears. Dont know if it will hold the ears up tho. You can either leave them loose or try laying them on top of the head, one on top of the other, and taping the uncut edges together. You just cut a stripe of tape and press it to the top ear then fold it over so the tape also sticks to the bottom ear. Remember tape on uncut edges only. Not sure your pups ears are long enough to do that or not. On phone and cant read anymore posts on this thread so wont be able to answer any questions.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
Yea I told my vet about his legs hes said its normal and he'll grow out of it.. I tried calling my vet today but they was closed. Hes bleeding from the tip of his ears and its only alittle bit, he bleeds because he scratches his ears even with the thing around his neck.. The reason why he puts tape on the ears is so the ears are not moving around and getting irratated. he didnt put tape on it to make them stand.. thats not until next week..
The pictures of the pups legs are not normal. What exactly are you feeding the pup as it likely could be related. Make sure you are feeding a fairly low protein and NO calcium supplements.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts