Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
jasmine
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My female doberman who is about 9 months now has recently started to not act herself. She has been going to the bathroom when I'm sleeping or on the computer (not paying attention to her). She actually pooped in my boyfriends shoe right in front of him. She hasnt had an accident since she was about 6 months. She is also not sleeping well, she paces around the bed all night, so we have been putting her in her kennel through the night. Also, when she urinates, there is a clearish, stringy mucous. She has not been spayed, but could she be going into heat? She isnt acting her bubbly normal self :(

·
jasmine
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, not yet. This has just started about 48 hours ago, and the first sign of the mucous was this morning about an hour ago.

·
The Dopie Dobie
1,281 Posts
Id say take her to the vet she may have a paracite of some sort or even something might be off within her digestive system.

·
Holier Than Now
22,475 Posts
Sudden onset change in behavior warrants a vet checkup.

And yes, she could be going into estrus, but I'd have her checked out to be safe--some bitches do have unsettling behavior changes at puberty, some handle it just fine.

Meanwhile, as soon as she gets a clear bill of health, I'd up the exercise (both physical and mental) and go back to basics on rules and training, to help her come thru this successfully with you guys.

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
definitely a Vet visit is needed.

could be hormonal.............................

I hope all will be well.

Hugz to Lily!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts