Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello out there! :)
Currently I have a 10 week old red Dobie however I'm a victim of a BYB even though I checked references! My pup has not only been diagnosed with a severe heart murmur and ear infection but at her booster appointment she has a bladder infection and may have a liver shunt........It breaks my heart but I will be returning her to the BYB. Hopefully I will have better luck with the next breeders. My heart is broken because Ive grown so attached. I haven't own a dobie in 15 years but my family raised and breed dobies as i grew up. Buyer beware Do YOUR HOMEWORK!!!

·
Owned by Dobes since 1975
30,675 Posts
Hello and Welcome to Doberman Talk!

so sorry, and how sad that the puppy is so ill.

I think you are doing the right thing by returning the puppy.

I hope you do find another who will heal your heart....

not sure if you would be interested in a young rescue Doberman, but maybe you could check a few out in your area as well as other breeders.

Good luck.

Hugz.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Oh my gosh I'm SO sorry to hear that! Some of those less-than-stellar breeders are very good salesmen - they could probably sell ice to an Eskimo. Hugs to you and your puppy and welcome to DT.

·
terriorist entertainer
2,404 Posts
Incredibly sorry about the situation with your current pup, and that you learned that lesson the hard way :(
but welcome too!

Once you have the return sorted out, it might be worth checking out breeders by running their kennel name through the search function here. It will help your research no end! ...and if their name doesn't come up...just ask.

There's a really good thread about how to spot the red flags of BYBs, and what to look for to find a reputable and ethical breeder.
I wish you good luck in all.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts