Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just signed up for the forum. I hope to get a lot of dobie training tips from here! My doberlady Raven is in training to become my service dog, so if anyone has any tips on training for this, let me know!

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
Welcome to DT, love your screenname ;)

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Welcome from the UK.

As for Service Dog it totally depends on what you want your dog to do for you. What you need your dog to do for you, but the basics are all the same. My first recommendation would be that you put the full extent of the Canine Good Citizen program on your dog and then take on the TDI or similar therapy dog qualificiation. It is very important to make sure you dog has the appropriate socialization and behaviours to begin Service work.

·
Registered
4,246 Posts
Welcome

Welcome from Missouri - Are you training yourself??? I would check with AKC to see if there are trainers in your area where you can maybe do some training classes - good socialization and help.

I just signed up for the forum. I hope to get a lot of dobie training tips from here! My doberlady Raven is in training to become my service dog, so if anyone has any tips on training for this, let me know!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts