Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m over here from the GSD forum, I tried it there for a bit but it was just way to passive aggressive for my tastes. Rosanda said they really liked it over here, so I thought I’d give it a try! I love Dobermans and would love to get one someday. I would have one now, but I couldn’t find any breeders here that did the ears. And I decided I really didn’t want to pay over $2,000 for a Dobie if it didn’t have the ears done 😅 So I have a German Shepherd, she’s six months old now. Since that prob means I won’t be able to really post anything, I’ll just lurk around here.
Dog Dog breed Carnivore Fence Grass

·
Premium Member
870 Posts
Welcome to you and Arrow! You are welcome to do more than lurk. There are a few people here that don’t currently have Dobermans who are active so, hopefully you will be too!

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to you and Arrow! You are welcome to do more than lurk. There are a few people here that don’t currently have Dobermans who are active so, hopefully you will be too!
Oh really? I figured it was against the rules to post anything not regarding Dobermans and asking about GSD instead 😅

·
Premium Member
11,851 Posts
Welcome to DT from Indiana !

You started off on the right foot here lol Picture and the name of your pup ! We love pictures and feel free to jump in any time and ask questions or what ever .

btw - pretty pup !

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome to DT from Indiana !

You started off on the right foot here lol Picture and the name of your pup ! We love pictures and feel free to jump in any time and ask questions or what ever .

btw - pretty pup !
I did put a pic on actually, it’s showing up on my phone, so that’s weird. Her name is Arrow

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Shoot you can stay with us regardless of your dogs breed.
We love critters of any type.
Thank you! So far this community seems much more welcoming. Hoping I get some training advice on here besides “you’re stupid and know nothing”. Generally I’ve already tried what they suggested and it didn’t work for her ☹ I also think everyone has their own views, and that’s ok you don’t need to yell at them about it just because you don’t agree (poll regarding how you Vax your pupper. I am much more careful bc three of my four dogs have been injured or killed by Vax and there is a Vax injury compensation fund for a reason). SO hoping to find other people here who don’t feel the need to say you are a horrible owner when my dogs are happy healthy and alive 🙂 I do me, you do you is my views! People have their reasons for stuff, and with training just bc someone doesn’t know something doesn’t give anyone the right to beat them over the head 😓

·
Premium Member
8,945 Posts
We have all kinds of personality’s within this forum.
Some are more direct than others but for the most part we strive to be respectful to one another.
I have made a lot of friends within this forum over the years.
Also we have some members with years of experience.
Glad to have you with Us.

·
Super Moderator
Hairy Dog RIP Caesar, Katana, Kip, Capri
27,781 Posts
There are a few people here that don’t currently have Dobermans who are active so, hopefully you will be too!
Heck, even one of the mods is no longer a dobe owner. 😁 She has a Australian Cattle Dog mix instead.

That's his picture right over my name.

There are even folks here who don't have dogs, but wish they did. Or are still making plans for their next pup.

And yes, we do have some blunt folks--but we try to keep it all in the best interests of dobes (sometimes at the expense of their owners, unfortunately.)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Heck, even one of the mods is no longer a dobe owner. 😁 She has a Australian Cattle Dog mix instead. That's his picture over there over my name.

There are even folks here who don't have dogs, but wish they did. Or are still making plans for their next pup.

And yes, we do have some blunt folks--but we try to keep it all in the best interests of dobes (sometimes at the expense of their owners, unfortunately.)
I would like to get one someday, but I have my hands full with my Shepherd lol. Her dad was working line so she’s really energetic!

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Xena looks almost exactly like a dog we had when I was a kid. My dad always had Shepherds, his whole life, and he brought home this cute, fat little puppy one day that we named Sheba. She was supposed to be a GSD, but she was the wrong color (black and silver), and as she grew, her hair was WAY too long, even longer than Xena's, and she wasn't built like the typical German Shepherd, so we figured my dad had been bamboozled by someone. ;) But she looked just like that pic of Xena, except for having longer hair. Same cute face, though! I never did know precisely what Sheba was, but she was my best friend for many, many years, and that's all that mattered to me.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts