Doberman Forum : Doberman Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
RaulN-Nika
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! My name is Raul Duarte and I'm from Venezuela.

Arround 10 months ago, I bought my red(it is really a brown, I don't know, why someone put them "red")-female dobermann wich I named Nika.

http://db.tt/KHPhJf4p Here, a bit blurry but it's enougth. :roflmao:

Since I put it into the car (1 month old) she started to drool a LOT then we went to the pet store to buy some things like bones, and chains (it was still drooling never walked, scared as hell, it looked like it was infected by rabies and very weak like dizzied)... It vomited into the car until finally it felt asleep.

Ok, this was just the beginning because it think that this is where the problems start.

Now that it is 10 months old, I've tryed many things (with food, toys, people with it) but it still drools, vomits and screams all over the seats even before starting the engine. At the beginning I thought it was a dizzi problem but it isn't.

This is my "hello" thread.

PD: Here on Venezuela the Dobermann is almost extinguished because of rumors about it aggresion and other things. Now, while I'm walking with it on public places I always demostrate other people that this is false. This breed can be as loving as others ones.

Now I have at least 6 people waiting for puppies! hahahah!.

·
Banned
7,405 Posts
It's hard to tell, but is your dobie laying on concrete? Is that a dog house?

Dobes are people/house dogs. Please do not breed your dog, that would not be responsible.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hmm, she doesn't really sound like the perfect girl to be breeding, especially if you have no experience and you are trying to promote what a wonderful pet they can be. Temperament can be largely based on breeding. She's a cutie that's for sure, and welcome. And if ou know that riding in a car makes her so anxious and aggitated, mayb stop.

·
u mad?
6,476 Posts
Welcome to DT! I hope you stick around :]

First, they called her "red" because that's the official name for the coat color. I personally prefer red to brown, namewise, it's different :] Brown sounds boring, IMO

I also want to stress that while your girl is cute I also don't think she's the best candidate for breeding. This breed is quite unhealthy in general, not to mention the health problems it sounds like your girl is having. Plus, she's too young to ethically breed.

·
Premium Member
8,030 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma if you want to take the time to teach her riding in the car is fun you can do it but it takes time since you just put her is and go where you are going. 1st a 4 week old pup should not have been taken from its mother and litter mates that early never should leave until 8 weeks old.The mother dog and siblings teach each other allot.The pup was terrified by going in the car that early so you will need to start over take her by the car not getting in at first feed her something wonderful tiny bit of hot dog.When she is doing well with that let her sit in the car without going anywhere fed her the special treat only when in the car. Next start the car,when doing well with that drive a few feet then back to your house giving the special treat. Then when doing well with that go around the block or a short distance.Then go for a short trip to somewhere she likes a park a friends house. This may take weeks but in the end she will like to go for rides in the car. If at anytime she gets panicky you have went to fast and need to back up a little. Good Luck training your baby at 10 months she is still a baby has no business being bred. Doberman s are not considered adults until 3 years old. They need all kind of health testing and training before even thinking of breeding.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts